By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is there a single gaming company that you trust no matter what?

Tagged games:

When it comes to my favorite gaming company...

I buy everything they make! 18 15.38%

I want to but can't play everything 31 26.50%

I like series, not developers. 11 9.40%

There is no company that I trust that much 44 37.61%

Sadly, my favorite company is Bioware 7 5.98%

Biggie Smalls is the illest 6 5.13%

Total:117

There are no companies that I trust entirely, but there certainly are those that I generally trust in different ways.

Nintendo: I trust that their main Mario, Mario Kart, SSB, and Zelda series will be great (almost never disappointed by that expectation)

Rockstar: I trust that their GTA series will always be superb

Blizzard Entertainment: I trust that their games will always be excellent (the only outright disappointment I remember was the outsourced Diablo I expansion that they no longer even acknowledge lol)

Naughty Dog: I pretty much just trust them to hit a home run with whatever they do, though the recent Uncharted was less than stellar and there has been a lack of innovation starting to show through.

Paradox Interactive: I trust that their home-developed Grand Strategy games will be fun and consume huge chunks of my life

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that came to mind so far.

Around the Network

Nah, I would be pretty naive if that was the case, companies don't give a shit about me or anyone, so why have such blind trust in them? though if I had to name one that would be Square Enix, not saying they don't have shitty practices but there's so many franchises from them I like and always deliver, plus games that haven't released yet...

Guess I also trust Sony with their hardware, not their first party after what they did with PSV tho, but at least they are still going strong in home consoles

As game developers, Nintendo is almost trustworthy. They don't outright attempt to incorporate scummy tactics to steal people's $, rather, most mistakes are usually revolved around their own incompetence in terms of systematics.

They've done amiibos but I've never felt the need to purchase any. The only problem is that Nintendo is sort of a wildcard. When they've made games like 1-2 Switch, my mind immediately goes blank after all the positivity I've mentioned. The fact that game is $10 less than Zelda which took years to make just goes to show that they've done mindless cash-grabs before. At least they weren't forced, but I would've preferred that game not to exist at all. I can accept that Federation Force, Amiibo Festival and Star Fox Zero were genuine mistakes, but 1-2 Switch, hell no.

Monolith Soft

Blizzard, before Activision took it over. Now not so much.
Valve, if they even will make games anymore, but i trust them to be good.
That's probably it. Naughty dog maybe?

Around the Network

There isn't for me personally. That being said, there have been videogame companies who haven't let me down just yet. I'm always happy with Naughty Dog's offerings for example.

There are dev teams I trust, but companies? Nah. Some have earned more brownie points than others, but at the end of the day they all just want your money.

Johnw1104 said:

There are no companies that I trust entirely, but there certainly are those that I generally trust in different ways.

Nintendo: I trust that their main Mario, Mario Kart, SSB, and Zelda series will be great (almost never disappointed by that expectation)

Rockstar: I trust that their GTA series will always be superb

Blizzard Entertainment: I trust that their games will always be excellent (the only outright disappointment I remember was the outsourced Diablo I expansion that they no longer even acknowledge lol)

Naughty Dog: I pretty much just trust them to hit a home run with whatever they do, though the recent Uncharted was less than stellar and there has been a lack of innovation starting to show through.

Paradox Interactive: I trust that their home-developed Grand Strategy games will be fun and consume huge chunks of my life

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that came to mind so far.

ha ha ha ha ha....

I lost my trust in them when they went down the road of "release an incomplete game for full price then lock essential features behind DLC, and feature bloat your way out of financial issues!"

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Depends on Elex.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

ATLUS is the biggest company I can think of.