By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "People buy Xbox because we have the biggest exclusives."

SegataSanshiro said:
Azzanation said:

Well what PS exclusive is bigger than the Halo franchise?

Uncharted? Then again at this point, Halo peaked with 3 and Splatoon is overtaking it in popularity. Halo isn't the massive IP it once was.

The Halo franchise is worth tons more than the Uncharted franchise. We are talking bigger, not what sold more recently.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

I'd assume gran turismo.

Assumption is right, nope it is not.

Really? There was an article not too long ago about the gt franchise selling around 80m units. Has the halo franchise sold more than that? 

Azzanation said:

According to vgchartz Uncharted and The Last of Us.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Azzanation said:

Uncharted 4 was over 8.7m units sold through, in 2016.

And they have kept selling those UC4 bundled Slims for most of 2017 too. Who knows how high it is now? 10m+?

I think thats more than the last Halo game MS had.

source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/05/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-sold-an-unbelievable-amount-of-copies-in-2016/#2977b2cd6850

"The Last of Us part 2"  and "GTsports" will probably be too.

Halo and gears both saw pretty substantial declines in sales from last generation. These franchises are getting stale and new companies taking over development aren't as good as the bungie/epic made installments of previous gens.

Around the Network

Lmao!!! What exclusives and they still haven't landed a genre defining ip. They better find a decent third party at or else because outside of forza And possibly fable their internal game is bloody weak!!

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Azzanation said:

Assumption is right, nope it is not.

Really? There was an article not too long ago about the gt franchise selling around 80m units. Has the halo franchise sold more than that? 

And does that mean its a bigger franchise? Did the last GT game gross 500m at launch?

OdinHades said:
Azzanation said:

How so?

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

And they have kept selling those UC4 bundled Slims for most of 2017 too. Who knows how high it is now? 10m+?

source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/01/05/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-sold-an-unbelievable-amount-of-copies-in-2016/#2977b2cd6850

So your basing whats a bigger franchise off recent sales?

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

And they have kept selling those UC4 bundled Slims for most of 2017 too. Who knows how high it is now? 10m?

source:

To be fair, Uncharted 4 is some of the biggest bundling i've ever seen for a video game. Ever. It's just as common as COD bundles whenever i've been to the store. That being said, the game would have amazing sales with or without a bundle, because 8.7 for the first year of an Uncharted game is huge growth even subtracting the bundles. The closest game to it is Uncharted 3 which sold like 5.5 mil in 1 year and 2 months. So even without bundles it would be bigger than almost any Microsoft game ever. It would essentially mean Uncharted probably does 9 mil lifetime minimum without bundles, and that's what every Halo game besides 3(too much), 1, ODST, Wars and 5 have done(too little). In the end, even without a bundle Uncharted will probably do 10+ mil because the legs are great. With bundles probably 12-13. 

Azzanation said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:

And does that mean its a bigger franchise? Did the last GT game gross 500m at launch?

OdinHades said:

How so?

JRPGfan said:

So your basing whats a bigger franchise off recent sales?

"You're only as good as your last game"

Halo and Gears, arnt as popular as they used to be.

And yes, sales say Uncharted is bigger now.

They think they can just redefine the word 'exclusive'. lol