By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "People buy Xbox because we have the biggest exclusives."

JRPGfan said:
Azzanation said:

And does that mean its a bigger franchise? Did the last GT game gross 500m at launch?

How so?

So your basing whats a bigger franchise off recent sales?

"You're only as good as your last game"

Halo and Gears, arnt as popular as they used to be.

And yes, sales say Uncharted is bigger now.

Halo 5 grossed 500m at launch. How much did UC4 make, or didnt Sony give out those numbers? Only numbers i see are 56m from digital and MTs.. i guess that heavy bundling didnt earn them much on it. 

I guess GT has gone down hill aswell since GT6.. with your qoute "You're only as good as your last game"

Around the Network

Dunno why you laugh about that. The only reason people buy the Xbox is because of the exclusives. So yeah, for them those are the best exclusives and they're even willing to buy a whole console for them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mystro-Sama said:
They think they can just redefine the word 'exclusive'. lol

They have and even the redefining of exclusive isn't even exclusive to micorsoft.

Halo is bigger than Uncharted and it isn't even a contest really.

As for Greenberg's statement, it's just PR I don't know why people need to point it out again and again. It's like watching a David Copperfield show and pointing out that he didn't actually make the Statue of liberty disappear, it's just a trick. Well duh..

If he said QB is a masterpiece that I can agree with.

Azzanation said:
JRPGfan said:

"You're only as good as your last game"

Halo and Gears, arnt as popular as they used to be.

And yes, sales say Uncharted is bigger now.

Halo 5 grossed 500m at launch. How much did UC4 make, or didnt Sony give out those numbers? Only numbers i see are 56m from digital and MTs.. i guess that heavy bundling didnt earn them much on it. 

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
[...]

What else should you base that on? Would you consider Tetris as a bigger franchise than GTA just because it sold more games overall? Would you say Duck Hunt is a bigger franchise than Horizon: Zero Dawn just because it sold 30 million decades ago? Would you say Nintendogs is a behemoth of a franchise nowadays?

Franchises can lose popularity and that can happen quite fast. Tamagotchi sold a friggin ton of hardware and software in the 90s, but today it's not a big franchise. A somewhat similar effect can be seen with Halo where the fifth entry of the series sold considerably less than its predecessros thus strongly indicating the franchise has shrunk. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

I loved gears and halo when epic and bungie were at the helm.

I didn't care for halo 5 or Gears 4 very much. The best things the new teams have done is literally remastering the work of better developers.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Azzanation said:

You actually denieing that Halo is a bigger franchise than PS franchises? Honestly think about it for a minute. No goal post moving. Halo earns a crap ton more than anything on PS.

OdinHades said:
Azzanation said:
[...]

What else should you base that on? Would you consider Tetris as a bigger franchise than GTA just because it sold more games overall? Would you say Duck Hunt is a bigger franchise than Horizon: Zero Dawn just because it sold 30 million decades ago? Would you say Nintendogs is a behemoth of a franchise nowadays?

Franchises can lose popularity and that can happen quite fast. Tamagotchi sold a friggin ton of hardware and software in the 90s, but today it's not a big franchise. A somewhat similar effect can be seen with Halo where the fifth entry of the series sold considerably less than its predecessros thus strongly indicating the franchise has shrunk. 

I am actually saying the oppisite. Just because Halo 5 sold less than Uncharted 4 doesnt mean UC4 is a bigger franchise. Bigger means alot of things and 1 thing Halo is bigger on is its networth and profit earnings. IT IS A BIGGER FRANCHISE. haha

Azzanation said:

Azzanation said:

You actually denieing that Halo is a bigger franchise than PS franchises? Honestly think about it for a minute. No goal post moving. Halo earns a crap ton more than anything on PS.

OdinHades said:

I am actually saying the oppisite. Just because Halo 5 sold less than Uncharted 4 doesnt mean UC4 is a bigger franchise. Bigger means alot of things and 1 thing Halo is bigger on is its networth and profit earnings. IT IS A BIGGER FRANCHISE. haha

you are acting like such a "Im not allowed to say that word here!" but i mean i see that from people like you all the time, of course from all sides so its whatever :D

But it always shows me a lot of people here cant have neutral/objective opinions.