By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crackdown 3 delayed until Spring 2018

As I was saying. It was all going to come down to gamescom for Microsoft to show what was missing. Better a delayed game than canceled. You have to understand the developmental capabilities of the company you're dealing with.

Around the Network

Good news for Cuphead and Forza Motorsports 7 this means I might actually get it close to it being launched.

It's August and all they've released is Halo wars.

This isn't the time to be cancelling and delaying games but hey at least they'll finally release something in the first half of the year.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Chris Hu said:
Good news for Cuphead and Forza Motorsports 7 this means I might actually get it close to it being launched.

Cuphead has a good price.its not going to break the bank. CAnt wait to play it.

well at least their 2018 lineup will be good. probably

game looks barely better than a 360 game when i last saw it, and i'm not surprised it's been delayed. Still not expecting much from the game however, it's done nothing for me personally so far. Maybe a purchase when it is cheap.

I would say that it is a shit show with MS's first party but I don't get the feeling they particularly care themselves. Guess it's just more Forza for me for another 6 months

Around the Network

Good, they need some more time for polishing (that turd)

I'm very happy to see them delay the game. I know they're getting so much flak for no exclusives, and I think they felt like they needed this thing at launch. But making a good game is more important. The stigma around delays needs to change.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Chris Hu said:

Cuphead has a good price.its not going to break the bank. CAnt wait to play it.

Well I'm going to pre order the digital version of the Ultimate Edition of FM7 soon, so I will play that when Cuphead launches but there is a pretty good chance I will get Cuphead before the year is over.

At this point I'm really left wondering why Microsoft is even in the console market still.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I was reading about this game on Wikipedia.

"According to Spencer, Cloudgine will help to develop the core engine, while Reagent Games, a studio located in close proximity to Cloudgine, will develop the gameplay and art assets for the game, with Sumo Digital developing the game's campaign mode and Crackdown 2 developers Ruffian Games providing assistance." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crackdown_3

That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

RJ_Sizzle said:
I have HUGE feeling the multiplayer wasn't anywhere near a go. I'm getting Scalebound vibes from this title now. Will it make it to market?

Yep.  And at 4+ years from announcement til release, I think this is the longest delayed game for the XBO.  It definitely wasn't the showcase they originally meant it to be.  Though, with only ~6 months of extra development time, I doubt we'll see any massive improvements in the visuals. Which isn't good for a title that's supposed to show of the capabilities of your new HW.