By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crackdown 3 delayed until Spring 2018

pokoko said:
I was reading about this game on Wikipedia.

"According to Spencer, Cloudgine will help to develop the core engine, while Reagent Games, a studio located in close proximity to Cloudgine, will develop the gameplay and art assets for the game, with Sumo Digital developing the game's campaign mode and Crackdown 2 developers Ruffian Games providing assistance." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crackdown_3

That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

early in the year the development was going along fine. Hope nothing big happens that results in the game being canned.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
At this point I'm really left wondering why Microsoft is even in the console market still.

The same reason they entered to integrate console gaming with windows multimedia. I feel sorry for Spencer though. I feel like he will turn the ship around again but that we will see the results closer to next gen.

SegataSanshiro said:

Xbox is just a laughing stock at this point. They have had a drought for major titles this year. The one game they were hyping up and already hashad delays. They delay again. Top it off this was the game people bought with their shiny new XboneX. MS really has lost control.

Precisely my thoughts. I just don't understand how such a big company can make so many mistakes and be so out of touch with the gamer community.  Why don't they just delete the Xbox if they're gonna mismanage it like this?

Letting so many Xbox fans be disappointed and lose the console war against their peers over and over and over again, this is almost torture.

We need a new player in the console business, someone big, powerful and dedicated like Apple or Samsung.

pokoko said:

"According to Spencer, Cloudgine will help to develop the core engine, while Reagent Games, a studio located in close proximity to Cloudgine, will develop the gameplay and art assets for the game, with Sumo Digital developing the game's campaign mode and Crackdown 2 developers Ruffian Games providing assistance." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crackdown_3

Too many chefs in the kitchen by the sound of it.  Though, I'm wondering how much of the cloud stuff has been abandoned.  The newest footage showed none.  And they said destruction was still in MP, but didn't show it off and didn't mention cloud destruction.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I think that settles it. 2017 will go down as the worst year ever for the Xbox ecosystem.

The X1 is coming from The Best Lineups Ever in the History of Xbox consoles, Four years in a row Back to Back to Back to Back. 

They are recouping this year, we should give them a break.

E3 2018 will be awesome!

Around the Network
ThisGuyFooks said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I think that settles it. 2017 will go down as the worst year ever for the Xbox ecosystem.

The X1 is coming from The Best Lineups Ever in the History of Xbox consoles, Four years in a row Back to Back to Back to Back. 

E3 2018 will be awesome!

I...don't know that what you say here is true. I don't know if the Xbox One really has had a truly exceptional year for games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

E3 2018 will be awesome!

I...don't know that what you say here is true. I don't know if the Xbox One really has had a truly exceptional year for games.

I'm pretty sure what Fooks said is sarcasm, lmao

ThisGuyFooks said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

E3 2018 will be awesome!

Not true. Spencer's was using media speak when he said the best lineup but that was because third party had Microsofts back at launch. Microsofts lineups were far greater last gen. This was Microsofts chance to show what their first party could do outside of gears and halo and they choked.

ThisGuyFooks said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

E3 2018 will be awesome!

Not really.

2016 was a decent year but not one of their best

2015 was a solid year one of MS best years imo.

2014 was better than 2016 but not as good as 2015 but not one of their best years.

2013 was terrible. The XBO had a decent launch lineup but besides that the 360 had a mediocre lineup.

thismeintiel said:
pokoko said:

Too many chefs in the kitchen by the sound of it.  Though, I'm wondering how much of the cloud stuff has been abandoned.  The newest footage showed none.  And they said destruction was still in MP, but didn't show it off and didn't mention cloud destruction.

Still in MP? It was always ONLY in MP :)