By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Warner Brothers' greedy Microtransactions in Shadow of War.

That's why i skip 99% western tripple.a games.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

I get that games need to have micro transactions to survive these days. A one off $89 ( or regional equivalent) payment just doesn't cut it. I've learned to accept that. I've learned to accept that when I see the main menu of a game there'll be an option to go to PSN or XBL and buy skins and recolours or coins to buy said skins or recolours.

What I can't accept, is those same things being thrown in my face in game in a single player game. That is LITERALLY the free to play model with an $89 price tag.

"Please, do go ahead and play this game all you want kind sir. But you see that box you just found on that there dead enemy body? Well, that'll be $3.99 to open please." *shit eating grin*. "Or, you can grind around this awesome open world for 24 straight hours so you have enough fun bux to open it yourself." *rubs nipples*

Plerpy_ said:
"Please, do go ahead and play this game all you want kind sir. But you see that box you just found on that there dead enemy body? Well, that'll be $3.99 to open please." *shit eating grin*. "Or, you can grind around this awesome open world for 24 straight hours so you have enough fun bux to open it yourself." *rubs nipples*

https://youtu.be/BBsJ9VSQvbE

Literally the same exact thing haha

Cerebralbore101 said:
Azzanation said:
I am no fan of micro transactions so i ignore them. Reading prople boycotting games that could be still a fun experience baffles me over an option you dont need to use.. i guess i grew up in a world where true gamers use to exist. Now all i read is nonsense like this. Honestly just play the damn game. You might fall in love with it. Dont waste your experience over silly things like this.

Except microtransaction are going to have an effect on the main game whether you use them or not. We all know how the "free to play" phone game market works. They design a game intentionally to make it damn near impossible to play without spending money. So if you don't spend money in addition to buying the game it'll be a grindfest, and less fun of an experience. 

I dont think this game is anything like those free to play mobile game systems. Also boycotting good games isnt going to stop that evolution.

This game doesnt interest me because i am not into Lord of the Ring games. Not because of its MT or DLCs. Iv played some amazing games and some really bad games with MTs. A good game will always be a good game.

xl-klaudkil said:
That's why i skip 99% western tripple.a games.

Hello, my twin.

...(except that my physical collection is way smaller)

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Plerpy_ said:

https://youtu.be/BBsJ9VSQvbE

Literally the same exact thing haha

xD that second guy who turns up and prepares to rub his nipples.

alternine said:
caffeinade said:
Thankfully the game does not look good anyway.
The animation work in this game is dreadful.

Thats not true in the slightest.

Go watch the E3 footage.
Watch the animations.

Cerebralbore101 said:
librarian13579 said:

This is the future of AAA gaming, folks.

Games-as-a-service bullshit is profoundly insidious. One day it will entrench its roots so firmly that soon, even single-player games will require a constant connection to an online server.

We're letting them get away with it, and more and more studios are turning to this. Activision, EA, Valve, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Warner Bros....they're all moving in the same direction.

*Hugs massive collection of physical games tightly.*

*Nails down the HDD's to the desk*

I'm glad we have a client/store/company like CDP with GoG and in other cases, clients with an offline mode and games that do not require an always online connection to function. I don't game physically anymore on PC, but I can still play the majority of my games offline without any hassle. 

That said, there are more AAA companies out there that are looking towards games as more of a service to benefit them both profit and control wise, with us being left with zero benefits and upsides. It's rather sad that the games industry is without it's own watchdog system, where said companies can and will be punished for taking more anti consumer stances. I've seen other industries where said companies end up suffering from either the law or general loss of profit, while the games inudstry solely relies on one big company suing another (for their own benefit) or everyone getting their collective minds together and stopping full time support for a brief moment in time. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

The reason I avoid most open world and some RPGs is exactly the big traveling time, excessive grinding, etc.. I'm hating Witcher 3 on this. over 30h of playing still on level 18 and on level 3 I already had level 30 missions open.

But on DLC and microtransaction if someone is silly or want to skip to end game by paying more to enjoy less all the power to them and if the lack of DLC doesn't hurt the game I have nothing against, if it adds alot and isn't expensive I kinda support.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Cerebralbore101 said:
Azzanation said:
I am no fan of micro transactions so i ignore them. Reading prople boycotting games that could be still a fun experience baffles me over an option you dont need to use.. i guess i grew up in a world where true gamers use to exist. Now all i read is nonsense like this. Honestly just play the damn game. You might fall in love with it. Dont waste your experience over silly things like this.

Except microtransaction are going to have an effect on the main game whether you use them or not. We all know how the "free to play" phone game market works. They design a game intentionally to make it damn near impossible to play without spending money. So if you don't spend money in addition to buying the game it'll be a grindfest, and less fun of an experience. 

I'm playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius for over 1 year without expending 1 cent and I constantly are in top 15k on the server, in front of several paying guys.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."