By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA could bring many more games to Switch if FIFA 18 performs well

They should port Sims 4, that would be the title that would have the chance to outsell even the PS4 version on Switch.

I think Fifa 18 will sell well enough, but nothing too crazy, but enough for it be worth the port, about at least 1 million physical + digital world wide. I mean it's not like it's the proper full game or anything so it's potential is capped by that.

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
Why would anyone buy it on the switch with less content,especially in Europe.

Portability might make up for lack of the Journey mode, depending on each ones taste.

It IS  compeling argument to make for the Switch, especially since FIFA tends to atract a more casual audience that may like the more "social" aspect that the Switch can bring to the table.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

At the end, the consumer loses on this deal.

Buy the game: You just got suckered out of $60 for a watered down port with less features than the original version

Don't buy the game: EA's collective tiny brain won't port anymore games because the watered down trash they ported over to the switch didn't sell well.

This was the case of Mass Effect 3 and Watch Dogs on Wii U. EA and Ubisoft games sold way less on the console because of 2 reasons. The ported version was watered down and lacked in content, and the game was out for more than a year on other systems.

If you buy this, you're taking an L, if you don't buy this, you're still taking an L.

This could sell well if they market it. Fifa on the go with ready multiplayer. Anyone fan would jump on that.

So a game that is mostly popular in EU is expected to be the barometer for how well future games such as Madden and Battlefield do? Makes total sense.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
NHL on Switch plz and I'll be happy.

This will be one of the last sports games they'll port to switch. NHL doesn't sell nearly as well as people think it does.

Bristow9091 said:
It's FIFA, of course it'll sell well. I guess the Switch can look forward to a (not-so) healthy dose of EA Sports games in the future...

FIFA 15 PSV 2014 Sports Electronic Arts 0.09 0.37 0.06 0.13 0.65
FIFA Soccer PSV 2012 Sports Electronic Arts 0.16 0.33 0.02 0.08 0.59
FIFA Soccer 13 PSV 2012 Action Electronic Arts 0.00 0.28 0.05 0.11 0.44
FIFA 14 PSV 2013 Sports Electronic Arts 0.08 0.23 0.01 0.09 0.41
FIFA Soccer 13 WiiU 2012 Action Electronic Arts 0.18 0.27 0.00 0.04 0.48

Let's not take FIFA sales for granted.

I'd like to have Madden and Need for Speed.

IDK what the situation with Rogue Squadron remakes but that'd be nice to have too... I'd really want to see proper Star Wars games if it all possible...

I figure we'll end up getting Sims and PvZ in some way.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

that's actually fairly promising as the odds are Fifa Switch does extremely well. This would be the first big Fifa game on a handheld, essentially, that looks almost on par to the home console versions.

It'll probably sell like crazy in Europe

the real question is if EA keeps their word. As FIFA 18 is obviously going to push a lot of units over the Fall. Like someone else mentioned, hopefully they don't pull a Capcom and do test after test despite sales of their initial games going well beyond expectations 

What are the features the switch version is missing, compared to the other versions?