By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA could bring many more games to Switch if FIFA 18 performs well

Direct sales of this game wont actually stop higher ups at EA wanting to get in on the cashcow that is Switch if it starts to sell 10-20m units they're not going to bring this up in a years time and say "but hey.... they didn't buy Fifa 18 so now we won't aim to profit from them" Would be mental to think a company works like that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Well duh.Companies wants profits at the end of the day, and every game is always a kind of a test for every platform.If it dosent sell well, its either because the game isnt good enough, your marketing is lacking, or the audience simply isnt there.That for every platform.

For FIFA, its hopes of success lies with Europe and rest of the world in my opinion.By the time the game releases, I imagine that the install base in Europe will be at least at 2 millions, and rest of the world will be at least 500 K.Assuming thats the case, I can see Fifa being successful on the platform.I personally predict that it can sell 1 million units by the end of the year.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It didn't really bother me in the past, but all of these groups stating the same "buy our (often half-assed) game and maybe we'll bring more to your preferred platform" is starting to wear on my nerves a little... Capcom has certainly been the worst offender, but they're not alone.

Bye EA, just go. Leave the Switch alone.

Well, after the effort of porting Fifa 18 I expect them to monetize such a huge investment by reskinning it for several years.

Around the Network

The problem is i never buy FIfa on any system so why wouId know?

Bring out Madden.

The blackmail by publishers continue. Still though, if Nintendo gamers want 3Rd party support you need to vote with your wallets.

Why would anyone buy it on the switch with less content,especially in Europe.

REDZONE said:

Portability, duh. 

I hope FIFA flops on Switch, no one should want EA games.

p0isonparadise said:
REDZONE said:

Portability, duh. 

I hope FIFA flops on Switch, no one should want EA games.

Well we will see how much cares about this "Portability"