By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jim Sterling changes his Rating on Hellblade

Around the Network

Never understand? He was pissed and gave a score based on his emotions of the moment. After consideration and complains he changed his mind. Honestly, it's pretty easy to understand his change.

I keep thinking about the view of a 1/10. Ultimately, I agree that his review of Hellblade made it clear the game was not a 1/10, but this notion that "no game should be a 1/10 unless it's a buggy mess or unplayable!" is kind of thought policing. It makes me think about the difference in perception of media. There's a famous Youtuber who gave Sword Art Online a 1/10, and even though people argued against it cause "muh animation quality", the community was quicker to accept his point of view than I think the game community is.

Point is, I think a 1/10 for a game that is playable, but poses no value for the reviewer, is completely fine.

WolfpackN64 said:
Never understand? He was pissed and gave a score based on his emotions of the moment. After consideration and complains he changed his mind. Honestly, it's pretty easy to understand his change.

I never understand why he gave a 1 to begin with and never understand how he considers this game to be the same as Zelda. That 7/10 still baffles me.

WolfpackN64 said:

It's hard to understand how one could consider themselves professional yet act like this in the first place. It brings into question other reviews he may have acted similarly with.

I still enjoy Jim's commentary on the industry and his persona, but I now have zero respect for his review scores.

Around the Network
WolfpackN64 said:

I can understand, I mean having the autosave sticking your save in limbo forever and having to start all over again would tick most off tbh.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

That's why this guy has no credibility for me. He is not a professional reviewer. He is a bad mouthed crying baby.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

mysteryman said:
WolfpackN64 said:

It's hard to understand how one could consider themselves professional yet act like this in the first place. It brings into question other reviews he may have acted similarly with.

I still enjoy Jim's commentary on the industry and his persona, but I now have zero respect for his review scores.

Because most of the time he is. Seriously, other large review networks like IGN or Gamespot have given petty scores in the past. It's unfortunate, but doesn't call into question his professionality.

Peh said:
That's why this guy has no credibility for me. He is not a professional reviewer. He is a bad mouthed crying baby.

I guess no professional reviewers exist for you then since most of them have at least once given a petty score.

And thank God for him.

So, Jim admits to a mistake he made with his original review, and changes his score to reflect the fact that he did make a mistake, and now people get on his case for that? Honestly, if anything that makes me respect him more, since he's actually willing to owe up to his mistakes. I think people still don't get the fact that reviews are subjective views of the person writing them.