By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Might Be Considering a First Party Return to Console JRPGs

SegataSanshiro said:
think-man said:

Dark Cloud, Wild Arms, Rogue Galaxy. 

Well those are 2nd party games. From Level-5 & Media Vision.

Well they're Sony IPs I should say. Plus Rogue Galaxy was co developed with Japan Studios according to the credits.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Let me rephrase that (especially for Bralod ), have they ever released a relevant one?

Rogue Galaxy was just published by Sony it was developed by Level-5 which isn't even second party since they also make games for Nintendo consoles.

Pls make another Wild ARMs game, I really like the Wild West setting.

Ka-pi96 said:
A return? Have they ever even released one in the first place? :O

Would like to see them make an attempt though!

You serious?

Legend of Dragoon 2 please!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

So, i do think they should let Arc the lad die. That series has dragged on since the third installment. It wasnt made to be a series.

Wild Arms is almost criminal that it hasn't seen another sequal. They should make HD ports of 4, Alter code F (remake of 1) and 5 aswell. After that deliver us 6 for the ps4.

Legend of Dragoon remake or sequal should happen aswell, and finally Rogue galaxy 2.

No need for new IP's for now. Just resurrect those 3 and build their brand.

I really hope they get back to it. Legend of Legaia was one of my favorite PS1 titles, and I really enjoyed Legaia 2 on PS2 as well.

It would be great to see some more RPGs from Sony all around. Horizon was a brilliant game, but I would like to see a huge JRPG or a new Getaway game from a 1st party studio.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

It would be awesome for me if they brought back some of the old rpg IPs. Imagine a dark cloud with today's graphics.

BraLoD said:
That interview was definitely aimed at me.
By "received my requests from veteran fans" they mean me.

Lol, as soon as I read the title my mind jumped to LoD.  Would love a remake.  Followed by a sequel.

@ OP

I would also love a Dark Cloud 1&2 remake.  And if they do well, a sequel.  I played the shit out of the first one. 

And while it's not exactly on topic, I agree with onionberry.  Give us a Syphon Filter.  I miss tasering people til they ignite.  So satisfying.

CGI-Quality said:

There's actually no such thing as a 1st/2nd/3rd Party IP. This is a misconception I often see in forums. "Party" signifies the type of company (and "2nd Party" technically isn't a real thing, either). A studio who works exclusively with a big company, yet, isn't a subsidiary of said company is still 3rd Party (Insomniac, Quantic Dream, Remedy).

There is definitely something as a 1st party and 3rd party IP.  Not sure why you would say there isn't.  3rd party should really explain itself.  For 1st party, sure the studio who is making the game doesn't technically own the IP.  But, the parent company that owns them does.  You can really just consider Sony, and its collection of studios, as the 1st party.

I get what you are saying about 2nd parties, though.  Those IPs technically are owned by the company paying them to make the game.  And they are technically 3rd parties.  Though, I think people just call them 2nd party if they choose to remain loyal to one console, even without being paid to do so.  Not a real term,  but still lovingly given to them.

think-man said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Let me rephrase that (especially for Bralod ), have they ever released a relevant one?

I hope that they'll make a new one of these at least!!!