By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Might Be Considering a First Party Return to Console JRPGs

Chris Hu said:
think-man said:

Dark Cloud, Wild Arms, Rogue Galaxy. 

Rogue Galaxy was just published by Sony it was developed by Level-5 which isn't even second party since they also make games for Nintendo consoles.

Maybe you missed my post above, but Rogue Galaxy was co developed. 

SCE Japan Studio, the development team behind Legend of Dragoon and later worked on Demon Souls with From Software, would also aid Level-5 in the development of Rogue Galaxy, which at the time was the largest project the studio has ever done.

Around the Network

Only if this means I can get Legend Of Dragoon 2 as a Sequel/Prequel done properly on the PS4.

Just take my fuckin money Sony.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Hmmmm. Might be considering. That's a rough approximation of my level of commitment to vegetarianism for the last decade or so. Still not quite ready for full-blown consideration. I'm a f**boy though, so this is still mildly exciting news.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Hmmmm. Might be considering. That's a rough approximation of my level of commitment to vegetarianism for the last decade or so. Still not quite ready for full-blown consideration. I'm a f**boy though, so this is still mildly exciting news.

Chinese food for breakfast.

Dark Cloud 3! with NiNo Kuni style of graphics or even DQ XI style of Graphics. Wild Arms 6 with P5 style of Animation and Graphics.

Legend of Legaia 3 will be awesome as well. Those Battle mechanics where you input commands to learn new moves is really awesome. Legaia is kinda persona as well in some regards because of the Seru.

Then Legend of Dragoon 2.

JRPG doesn't need to be uber expensive but with extra effort. With a right style, nice and awesome mechanics for battle, skill mechanics and level up system will do wonders for them.

Around the Network

AWESOME !!!! PS4 = THE JRPG Console-King in the past and future!

Persona 5, jrpg-reference and best story in the last years. Ni No Kuni 2 - a dream for all Anime-and studio Ghibli-Fans. Dragon Quest 11, so beautiful on PS4. Bloodborne, Tales of-and Atelier-Games, Dark Souls 3, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, FF Type 0 and FF15, D5 and many more Jrpgs in future. Maybe Legend of Dragoon (2) or Roqua Galaxy 2 someday ?! Cant wait of the new JRPG-IP by the Persona 5-Director on PS4. The Yakuza-Games are awesome too, but this games have jrpg-elements - they are not rpgs. One is sure: JRPGs and japanese producer are back !! That is great for us = )

Is it just me or couple of years back there were rumors that sony japan studio might be working on a jRPG, on the levels of Final fantasy. Maybe the next collaboration with From software could be that game!

KazumaKiryu said:

i wish. Otherwise,

Xen said:
KazumaKiryu said:

i wish. Otherwise,

Meh... PS1 by far.

They didn't say it won't be happening, but really, have you ever tried to get a Japanese to give you a straight "No" or any kind of negative answer to a question?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’