By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Might Be Considering a First Party Return to Console JRPGs

New Wild Arms would be nice

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Huh, I thought Legend of Dragoon was more like Crimson Dragon. Like you ride a Dragon and shoot stuff.

You're thinking of the Panzer Dragoon series, which also has a JRPG among its ranks though. Crimson Dragon is a spiritual successor to the main games in the series, sharing similar gameplay.

A remake of Arc 1 & 2 would be lovely. I wouldn't kick a new Dragoon or Wild Arms game out the bed either.

Landale_Star said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Huh, I thought Legend of Dragoon was more like Crimson Dragon. Like you ride a Dragon and shoot stuff.

You're thinking of the Panzer Dragoon series, which also has a JRPG among its ranks though. Crimson Dragon is a spiritual successor to the main games in the series, sharing similar gameplay.

Aw yeah, you're right, thanks! haha

That would be great to see. Been way too long since Sony has made any notable 1st party JRPGs.

Around the Network

I hope there will be a 1st party JRPG in the pipeline. If the PS4 userbase continues to support JRPGs in Japan and overseas, it would behoove Sony to make a JRPG of their own to appeal to that fanbase.

give me syphon filter, best anime game ever.

BraLoD said:
That interview was definitely aimed at me.
By "received my requests from veteran fans" they mean me.

Keep up the good work! They are listening to you xD

Ka-pi96 said:
Turkish said:

Brah, along with your posts in my Konami thread (Konami was one of the GOAT Japanese publishers in the 90s), I wonder how old you are?

Sony has done many JRPGs, like Alundra.

Why wonder? It says on my profile

Like maybe 10 years younger

onionberry said:
give me syphon filter, best anime game ever.

Top 10 anime fights

think-man said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Let me rephrase that (especially for Bralod ), have they ever released a relevant one?

Dark Cloud, Wild Arms, Rogue Galaxy. 

Well those are 2nd party games. From Level-5 & Media Vision.