By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Twenty year old woman gets 15 months in Prison for encouraging boyfriend to kill himself

She will learn tricks of the trade from like minded psycho female inmates. Psychos take joy in inflicting pain, misery and harm unto others. Psychos care for nobody else except for themselves. Psychos lack empathy and manipulate people to get what they want.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

But if the messages are anything to go by it is reasonable to believe he wouldn't have killed himself if it wasn't for her. 

She continuously reminded him that he 'had' to do it, that he said he would and must do it. Even though he was 'stalling' in her words and had things coming up, his reluctancy was obvious. She continuously manipulated him using language commonly found in child groomers to get him to commit suicide. 

It's not like he said he wanted to do it and she said 'yeah sure go for it' that is no where near what happened here. 

It`s not exactly hard to ignore messages. Like when those Nigerian "princes" send out messages, most people don`t want to give away all of their money, so they don`t. So if somebody is sending you messages telling you to kill yourself it`s the exact same thing. If you don`t want to, you can just ignore them.

Giving away money from being stupid and having suicidal thoughts due to a mental illness is the same thing???

If messaging your boyfriend who is having mental issues and pushing them to kill themselves, telling them over and over that they have to do it etc until they actually do it isn't worthy of jail time to you then I have nothing else to say. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Indefensible

Ka-pi96 said:
SpokenTruth said:

Criminally negligent manslaughter.  She had the power, and therefore responsibility, to prevent the suicide but instead she encouraged it.  She was a direct insitigating factor in his death.  She is therefore complicit. 

If people choose to kill themselves then they have every right to do that. Nobody has a responsibility to stop them, or should be punished for not doing so.

You are correct that she was not obligated to help him or do anything to stop him.  Its way different when she actively goad him into doing the act.  You forget she isn't just some stranger on the street but his girlfriend.  Which means she is at a level of trust in their relationship which she used to direct and goad him into doing the act even when he was hesitant.  She had every chance to hang up, not take his calls, call the police or his parents anything but assist with his death.  By assisting with his death she became an assessor to the act which is a crime in most states.  I think we are all pretty sure if there was an exact law on this, the persecutor would have gone for voluntary Manslaughter.

Ka-pi96 said:
Machiavellian said:

You are correct that she was not obligated to help him or do anything to stop him.  Its way different when she actively goad him into doing the act.  You forget she isn't just some stranger on the street but his girlfriend.  Which means she is at a level of trust in their relationship which she used to direct and goad him into doing the act even when he was hesitant.  She had every chance to hang up, not take his calls, call the police or his parents anything but assist with his death.  By assisting with his death she became an assessor to the act which is a crime in most states.  I think we are all pretty sure if there was an exact law on this, the persecutor would have gone for voluntary Manslaughter.

As did he.

She didn`t force him in to anything. He could have chose not to do it and/or to cease contact with her at any point but didn`t.

What would you say if you were having bad or borderline suicidal thoughts, you came to your parents and they decided it would be best for you to kill yourself? Not only did they decide its best, but they actually kept pushing you to do it? By your logic they would hold no accountability. When people date it is hard to subjectively quantify how close the couple are but there is no doubt that a close relationship like that bears WAY more weight than the typical friendship. Dating is supposed to be a test to find whoever you want to spend the rest of your life with and perhaps start a family with. I usually agree with you but you are being so insanely disingenuous if you think she deserves no punishment for actively pushing her boyfriend into killing himself when it was her obligation to help him or get help.

The punishment doesn't fit the crime, she needs to be put away longer

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Machiavellian said:

As did he.

She didn`t force him in to anything. He could have chose not to do it and/or to cease contact with her at any point but didn`t.

At that precise moment he was hesitant to kill himself, she made a choice. She could have did nothing, talked him out of it or chose to goad him into ending his life.  At that moment her choice and her action using her influence and her status pushed the situation to death.  It really does not matter if you think someone can or cannot choose to end their life, but in the majority of states it’s still a crime and even in the ones that allow it there are procedures a person has to go through in order to commit the act or it’s a crime.  Just like any crime you can be a assessor to that crime. 

So if we think of this like any other crime, if this guy was a bank robber, and he needed intel of on the bank to make his heist.  The person giving that info for the heist knowing the end result and outcome would be sentenced and prosecuted as an assessor to the act.  Just because you are ignorant that something is a crime does not mean you are absolved.

The only reason she did not get voluntary Manslaughter is just her fortune of not being their to assist or give him the instrument to kill himself.

Sorry to bump but this had me dying 😂

Ka-pi96 said:
Machiavellian said:

At that precise moment he was hesitant to kill himself, she made a choice. She could have did nothing, talked him out of it or chose to goad him into ending his life.  At that moment her choice and her action using her influence and her status pushed the situation to death.  It really does not matter if you think someone can or cannot choose to end their life, but in the majority of states it’s still a crime and even in the ones that allow it there are procedures a person has to go through in order to commit the act or it’s a crime.  Just like any crime you can be a assessor to that crime. 

So if we think of this like any other crime, if this guy was a bank robber, and he needed intel of on the bank to make his heist.  The person giving that info for the heist knowing the end result and outcome would be sentenced and prosecuted as an assessor to the act.  Just because you are ignorant that something is a crime does not mean you are absolved.

The only reason she did not get voluntary Manslaughter is just her fortune of not being their to assist or give him the instrument to kill himself.

You keep talking about crimes but I think it`s absolutely laughable that anyone would even think of making suicide illegal in the first place. Also, in case it isn`t obvious I 100% think assisted suicide should be completely legal as well.

So what is your experience with someone who wants to commit suicide.  Since you are 100% for it, have you had anyone close to you commit suicide.  How do you determine if the reason someone wants to die is because there is a good reason or it’s because of drugs they are taking that can give them those thoughts.  There are a lot of drugs that can cause depression or cause a person to have suicidal thoughts.

So is it in your mind that anyone who wants to die need no help and should be encouraged.  Do you have any conditions where you would believe assisting a person want to die is not the right course of action or do you believe everyone who wants to kill themselves is of mental health can make the right choice.

I do not know about you but I have had 2 people very close to me who wanted to die.  One is dead and the other one is alive.  The one who is dead, did not have anyone come to the rescue and well the end result is death.  The other one did have someone come to rescue when told someone  they were thinking about killing themselves and she is alive.  From my experience when someone tells another person they are looking to kill themselves they are reaching out for someone to give them a reason to live.   If you really want to die, you usually do not tell anyone and just do the act.  Definitely if you were unsure about doing the act you probably not expecting the person you confide in goading you to follow through.

As I mentioned she made a choice, she could have end the conversation if she did not want to be a party to the act and she would be good to go but she without ever thinking of the consequences of her action decided to be an active partisapant and thus is lucky she is not getting a full sentence.