By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How much does XB1X need to sell for it to be a success?

Depends on how much they plan to produce in a time frame. Asking numbers from randoms on a internet site wont mean anything especially if MS only produce (random number 50k) a month.

Around the Network

If X1X is just an 8th gen gaming machine, I think it'll sell like 8 million.

If its gonna be pushed at a cheap 9th gen console down the road, could sell significantly more.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Tmfwang said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Whatever it is, it's sure to reach it. With games like Crackdown 3, and Super Lucky Tale, nothing will stop the most powerful console on earth from beating sales records for 4k devices.

Yeah.......

KNACK 2 BABEY

Azzanation said:
Depends on how much they plan to produce in a time frame. Asking numbers from randoms on a internet site wont mean anything especially if MS only produce (random number 50k) a month.

I agree with this. XOX's success will be determined by Microsofts expectations. 

As I have said before, I don't think Microsoft is looking at the Xbox brand as a stand alone entity. It looks like Xbox is just another means to connect consumers to the Windows ecosystem. At this point Xbox is pretty much Surface TV, and in my opinion, that is a great thing for Microsoft.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

jason1637 said:

Lol I know this was a joke post but I doubt crackdown 3 or Lucky's tale will move much or any units for the 1X. They will probably flop.

Op: I think it could do 700k this year and 1.5-2 million for a few years after. If MS makes it a cheap way to play 9th gen games could see it doing 5-6million a year if that happens.

It's okay, Sea of Thieves will save the X 

Why are you in this thread? None of your posts have been on topic and more importantly not funny.

Hypothetically, if X1X is your first time owning a X1 then go play existing titles with 4K updates. But who knows, upcoming titles could be better than expected. Or maybe play the best versions of multiplat games given most PS4 and X1 users play multiplat games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/267011/ps4-vs-xbox-one-vs-wii-u-global-lifetime-salesnovember-2016-update/

http://www.businessinsider.com/ps4-playstation-4-sales-june-2017-8

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/06/05/sony-psvr-sales-top-1-million-20-of-ps4-sales-since-november-are-a-pro/

The Playstation 4 pro has sold about 3 million over an 8 month period if we assume it has kept the 20% attach rate Give or take a few percentages - it won't affect much because the difference between the sales marker of 63.3 million PS4's sold and the "20% of PS4's sold are pros" is less than a month between announcements .

Either way - considering the Xbox One X has a much bigger marketing campaign than the pro and it's much more pricey for Microsoft, i'd assume that 3 million by February of 2018 would be a huge success story, but it's more likely that a 6 month time frame would still be successful. I don't see the X being in a situation where it makes Microsoft lose money quite frankily.

Mr Puggsly said:

It's okay, Sea of Thieves will save the X 

Why are you in this thread? None of your posts have been on topic and more importantly not funny.

Funny is subjective and I've made a more productive post than most people in this thread. It's all up for debate anyways so there's no point in this kind of comment. 

I'd say 5M would be a moderate success. 10M and over would be a true success. Personally, I see it doing ~4M-5M. The biggest thing going against the X, though, is the price. It's $500, but with the same limiting Jaguar cores. I don't think many are going to see a big enough difference in the X over the Pro to spend an extra $150, since I expect Sony to cut the price to $350 this holiday season. Things will get even worse next year. While MS will probably cut the price to $400-$450, Sony will most like have the Pro down to $299, keeping that $100-$150 price difference, while also hitting a mainstream price.

Of course, next year I fully expect we'll start to read rumors of the PS5, which will be coming 2019, or 2020 at the very latest. Those rumors could possibly put people off from buying an X. And in 2019, when MS can finally get its price down to ~$300-$350, we are going to either have the launch of a $399 PS5, that will most likely be at least 2x as powerful as the X, or we will have its announcement.

Whatever it is, it's sure to reach it. With games like Crackdown 3, and Super Lucky Tale, nothing will stop the most powerful console on earth from beating sales records for 4k devices.

I dunno. As long as they're selling through the units they create, they should be fine. I say it would be wise not to channel-stuff, but, who knows. Maybe this thing will be hotter than expected.

Simple - it has to significantly bump Xbone sales up YoY for an entire year or more.

Currently Xbone is down YoY a lot.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016