Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0.00%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0.00%

New Orleans Saints 0 0.00%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
HomokHarcos said:
"2. Playoffs - This is the one contest where you actually can't choose if you want to play. Participation in the weekly game picks is mandatory and only the top 16 of the league will be eligible. Every player will be assigned with a seed based on their regular season performance and thrown into one-on-one duels in each knockout round. People who failed to finish in the top 16 during the regular season will have the option to participate in a consolation round with very similar rules. The defending champion in the prestigious playoffs is amp316 who won the contest for the second time last season."

So it's like the Europa League for those that miss the playoffs? I'll join this pool or what it's called.

The Europa League is still a respected contest with prize money and everything else, only on a smaller scale than the Champions League. The consolation round in this prediction league won't get its results posted in the first three posts of this thread, so it's merely an opportunity to keep predicting the outcomes of games while trying to be better than the assigned opponent.

Both the playoffs and the consolation round require that you've made at least 230 game picks during the regular season, so the pool you will have to join is Weekly Game Picks and then you need to keep participating for four straight months. That should be clear enough, but feel free to ask if you still have any questions.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

Any consideration towards using an online fantasy tracker this time around, or do you think that would deter some from participating?

Miguel_Zorro said:
Any consideration towards using an online fantasy tracker this time around, or do you think that would deter some from participating?

Do you mean fantasy football or a game pick league?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
Miguel_Zorro said:

Game Pick.  We use CBSSports for our office one.

Miguel_Zorro said:
RolStoppable said:

Game Pick.  We use CBSSports for our office one.

Probably requires to sign up and that's something that not everybody likes. Last year's fantasy football league didn't garner much interest and despite a proper setup for discussion on the NFL.com website, there was barely any discussion. Being a different website also meant that participation was more inconsistent than here.

If you want to give CBS Sports a try, you can make the setup and I'll add a link and the necessary information to the OP. I am not sure if I will participate, but we have a full month to gauge interest from the community.

Around the Network

Ya, wish we'd had more active participation in the fantasy league, even if it was just a handful of people, being more active would have made it a lot more fun.

Maybe we can do better this year

sethnintendo said:
superchunk said:
I'm in this year's league!

Also, I'm going to one preseason game to check out the newbs on the Bears roster as they come on out to Arizona. I don't expect much, but I'm going.

Never expect much. That is the motto of every loyal Bears fan.

Just a recent setting (last few seasons). Have to see how all these changes have impacted the team. I don't yet have confidence in the leadership of the team.

superchunk said:
sethnintendo said:

Never expect much. That is the motto of every loyal Bears fan.

Just a recent setting (last few seasons). Have to see how all these changes have impacted the team. I don't yet have confidence in the leadership of the team.

Who's your QB this season?

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

That's the million dollar question, litterally millions at stake here, and why I wanted to go to the pre-season game since it was close. Its either going to be a proven low-end pro we got in off-season or a un-proven but all signs point to 'meh' rookie that we traded up one damn spot to obtain in draft. much excite...