Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0.00%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0.00%

New Orleans Saints 0 0.00%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
MTZehvor said:
VGPolyglot said:

They never lost a home playoff game before then?

I meant their first playoff game of that season. As in, you get to the playoffs, then immediately lose in the first game you play.

Oh, I thought you meant that they were undefeated in their entire career.

Around the Network

Go Hawks!

Angelus said:
Tagging for later

As for the Falcons.....they clearly just wanted to be a part of history. After all, blowout Super Bowls are ranked as the worst of all time, nobody wants to remember or talk about those years down the line. The Falcons ensured that they will be talked about in conjunction with the Super Bowl for years and years to come. No such thing as bad advertising right?

I don't know what you are talking about, super bowl 48 is by far my favorite super bowl.  I remember it quite fondly and talk about it all the time! 😜

gergroy said:
Angelus said:
Tagging for later

As for the Falcons.....they clearly just wanted to be a part of history. After all, blowout Super Bowls are ranked as the worst of all time, nobody wants to remember or talk about those years down the line. The Falcons ensured that they will be talked about in conjunction with the Super Bowl for years and years to come. No such thing as bad advertising right?

I don't know what you are talking about, super bowl 48 is by far my favorite super bowl.  I remember it quite fondly and talk about it all the time! 😜

Are you sure you don't like the following year's one more?

I'm in this year's league!

Also, I'm going to one preseason game to check out the newbs on the Bears roster as they come on out to Arizona. I don't expect much, but I'm going.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
gergroy said:

Are you sure you don't like the following year's one more?

😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😒

I'm in again.

I'm in as well. Btw are we gonna do fantasy league this time? Because that was pretty fun

MTZehvor said:

Don't let the fact that the Falcons blew a 28-3 lead distract you from the fact that Snoopy talked shit about the Packers just before his Cowboys lost their first playoff game at home to Green Bay.

Packers@Cowboys was a fantastic playoff game. Those final minutes where three field goals from 50+ yards were converted... Rodgers' final pass of the game was sweet too.

A shame that the other nine playoff games had such clear results and none of them came down to the wire. At least the Super Bowl managed to provide an exciting finish.

VGPolyglot said:

They never lost a home playoff game before then?

Related anecdote: I remember when I first started to watch football about 20 years ago and heard that the Packers had never lost a playoff game at home. I thought that was an impressive stat because the franchise had such a long history, but little did I know about the sport back then. In raw numbers, the Packers merely had an 8-0 record in home playoff games. I mean, yeah, it's still an accomplishment, but it's nowhere near as impressive as it seemed at first.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Oh, Mike is participating.... guess I'll sit this year out. Jk, I'm in.