By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
NobleTeam360 said:
Snoopy said:

I'm sorry, but DAK needs to go too. He isn't consistent. He reminds me of RG3 so much. Good first year, terrible/mediocre second year. The more teams get a read on him, the worse he is going to get.

Oh I agree, I knew Dak wouldn't be a good QB despite the good freshman year. I just refrain from saying that because a lot of people seem to think Dak is the next coming of Russel Wilson. 

I thought there was a chance he could've been the next Russel Wilson/ Cam Newton, but I now think I am wrong.  He simply isn't football smart. He needs to know he has to throw the ball away instead of holding it all day long. It just leads to holding penalties, sacks and other bad scenarios. The game is won by being patient and making safe moves. It's not about what you do as much as it's about what you DON'T do.

Around the Network

Yeah, Dez does need to go. He's getting paid big money to be an Elite number 1 WR. He's putting up number 2 WR numbers the past 3 years (note that's when he got the big money contract too) 2015: 401 yards, 2016, 796 and 2017 815 (with 1 game to go) He needs to take a pay cut and he needs to be demoted to the number 2 WR. Dallas needs to draft a WR in all honesty, Terrance Williams sucks, Cole Beasley was good until teams learned to double cover him because he's our only good WR.

Jason Witten is still a solid TE and I feel sorry for him the most because he's loyal to Dallas but he's not going to get a ring with this team. He needs to do what Ware did and go to a SB caliber team, he's still maybe got a year or two in him I think, don't squander your last years playing for this joke of a franchise.

2016 was just an anomaly season, I knew since the Denver game that this team wasn't going anywhere, but I had to pretend like I had real hope that maybe, just maybe this team could build on last season; nope I was dead wrong, the fact that we got beat down by a shitty team like Denver should have told everyone what we needed to know, this team SUCKS, nothing is going to change until Jerry Jones is gone and this puppet coaching staff.

End rant.

Congrats to Arch, who barring last minute insanity, will win the fantasy championship!

In the meantime, fuck Devin Funchess.

MTZehvor said:
Snoopy said:
Cowboys need to get rid of DEZ.

NobleTeam360 said: 

They need to get rid of the entire coaching staff and Jerry Jones too.

Snoopy said:

I'm sorry, but DAK needs to go too. He isn't consistent. He reminds me of RG3 so much. Good first year, terrible/mediocre second year. The more teams get a read on him, the worse he is going to get.

...and...who exactly are you planning to replace all those people with?

Dez had 63 receptions for 771 yards this season. He hasn't finished with less than 700 yards in any season where he's played 10 or more games since his rookie year in 2010. You'd be throwing away a guy that averages like 900 yards a season when healthy. That's a lot of production to suddenly make up for. Where exactly are you planning to find another receiver that can step in and start producing at that level? The top free agent WR prospect is Terrelle Pryor, followed by Mike Wallace and Sammy Watkins. None of those three have outperformed Dez this year. You can always try the draft, but your top prospects there are Calvin Ridley and Courtland Sutton; good players at the college level, but not exactly lighting the world on fire. Plus, if Dak is really as bad as you say he is, throwing them in at the NFL with a bad QB and them expected to take over as the #1 receiver is just going to destroy their confidence.

Who are you planning on replacing Jason Garrett with if you fire him? Top coaching candidate right now is Josh McDaniels; ask Ludicrous Speed about how his head coaching stint in Denver went. Beyond that, there's Jon Gruden, who by the time the 2018 season rolls around will not have coached for 10 years, and Jim Harbaugh, who is struggling at the college level, so, take your pick if any of those excite you.

Finally, Dak. Again, where the hell do you plan on getting a better QB? Look at the QBs available in free agency. Kirk Cousins, widely regarded as the top prize now that Jimmy Garoppolo is in San Francisco, is finishing up a $109 million contract, making roughly $27 million per year. You guys have less than a third of that in cap room, and getting rid of Dak doesn't help much because he's on a rookie contract. Even if you could trade Dez away and get the other team to eat his entire cap hit (unlikely), you'd still come up about $7 million short. And that's just for his current contract; you can bet given how NFL GM's stampede over each other to lock up any FA QB with the slightest inkling of potential (see Brock Osweiler for more details) that he'll get offered even more from some QB desperate team like Denver or Arizona. You can always try your hand at Sam Bradford or Josh McCown, or see if you can pull Jay Cutler back from retirement for one more year...but chances are they're even worse than you make Dak out to be. Again, you can go for the draft, but considering that you're quite literally ready to dump a second year QB because he didn't make the playoffs in both his first and second year, you'd probably be ready to throw out Josh Allen or whoever else is still available by mid-late first round in a couple of years.

And Dak didn't even play that badly this season; 63% completion, 21-11 TDs, 89.6 QB rating. That's pretty good for a second year QB on a team that was missing its best weapon for six games. Half the league would kill to have a QB that competent, and he's just wrapping up his sophomore year. Fuck, imagine if the Patriots had kicked Tom Brady to the curb after he had a slightly underwhelming 2002 and his team missed the playoffs.

You guys seriously need to calm down. Losing is frustrating, but if the Cleveland Browns have taught us anything, it's that you don't fix your franchise by rebooting it every couple of years and bringing in new players/staff. Look for some FAs in positions that you're actually weak in compared to the rest of the league, and give Dak some time to grow. Also, RG3's second year (and career) were destroyed by injuries, not just suddenly playing badly. Before the end of his first season, he had torn his LCL, ACL, and Meniscus. These are entirely different situations.

I will, however, support getting rid of Jerry Jones.

I didn't read all of your post to be honest, but I know you support keeping DAK and DEZ. Dez is on a downward spiral and been getting worse. He hasn't been making the catches he HAS TO MAKE even if the throws aren't prefect. He is getting paid way too much not to make those catches. Also, he causes way too much drama which is killing our team.

Dak is getting worse too and he is really bad if he doesn't have a running game or receivers that aren't creating a lot of seperation. Replacing them won't be easy, but it is worth it in the long run. Just like life itself, NFL is a marathon not a sprint. Trade those players in to get better players or position yourself better in the long run.

Forgot to mention this and it kills me, but get rid of Jason Witten. Sorry, but he is too damn slow. We need some speed to scare the defense. I liked him a lot, but he is too old and I can guarantee he costs a lot more than he is worth.

My wish list

- Remove Dak

- Remove Dez

- Remove Witten

- Remove coaches outside of DC (he is actually doing a great job).

- Keep building the line on both sides (which is improving).

- Build our linebackers ( I have faith our DB will get better with experience). Our current linebackers suck too outside of Sean lee.

- Find a pocket passer QB. Running QB aren't that great outside of Cam Newton imo. 

There's something quite appropriate about the fantasy championship coming down to the last player left on my team that I actually drafted. Zach Ertz has pretty much been Mr. Reliable for me all season, barring a couple injury games. Good stuff.

Anyway, good game MTZ. It was another close matchup, so our playoffs were really quite great all around. Here's to less injured superstars next season.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

I didn't read all of your post to be honest, but I know you support keeping DAK and DEZ. Dez is on a downward spiral and been getting worse. He hasn't been making the catches he HAS TO MAKE even if the throws aren't prefect. He is getting paid way too much not to make those catches. Also, he causes way too much drama which is killing our team.

Dak is getting worse too and he is really bad if he doesn't have a running game or receivers that aren't creating a lot of seperation. Replacing them won't be easy, but it is worth it in the long run. Just like life itself, NFL is a marathon not a sprint. Trade those players in to get better players or position yourself better in the long run.

Forgot to mention this and it kills me, but get rid of Jason Witten. Sorry, but he is too damn slow. We need some speed to scare the defense. I liked him a lot, but he is too old and I can guarantee he costs a lot more than he is worth.

My wish list

- Remove Dak

- Remove Dez

- Remove Witten

- Remove coaches outside of DC (he is actually doing a great job).

- Keep building the line on both sides (which is improving).

- Build our linebackers ( I have faith our DB will get better with experience). Our current linebackers suck too outside of Sean lee.

- Find a pocket passer QB. Running QB aren't that great outside of Cam Newton imo. 

Very well, TL;DR edition.

You want to get rid of your starting (2nd year) QB, a WR who on average (when uninjured) puts up 900 yards a season, and your entire coaching staff, along with your #1 TE. That's a lot of important pieces for your team. Where exactly are you planning to get quality replacements for each of those positions? Or do you just want to blow up your team with no real idea as to who would take over? And how are you planning to get rid of the players you listed? None of them are free agents this upcoming offseason, so are you planning to just cut them and take an enormous dead cap hit that will probably keep you from signing anyone else? If not, what team(s) do you think you could trade them to, and how much of the cap hit could you reasonably expect them to take?

MTZehvor said:
Snoopy said:
Cowboys need to get rid of DEZ.

NobleTeam360 said: 

They need to get rid of the entire coaching staff and Jerry Jones too.

Snoopy said:

...and...who exactly are you planning to replace all those people with?

Dez had 63 receptions for 771 yards this season. He hasn't finished with less than 700 yards in any season where he's played 10 or more games since his rookie year in 2010. You'd be throwing away a guy that averages like 900 yards a season when healthy. That's a lot of production to suddenly make up for. Where exactly are you planning to find another receiver that can step in and start producing at that level? The top free agent WR prospect is Terrelle Pryor, followed by Mike Wallace and Sammy Watkins. None of those three have outperformed Dez this year. You can always try the draft, but your top prospects there are Calvin Ridley and Courtland Sutton; good players at the college level, but not exactly lighting the world on fire. Plus, if Dak is really as bad as you say he is, throwing them in at the NFL with a bad QB and them expected to take over as the #1 receiver is just going to destroy their confidence.

Who are you planning on replacing Jason Garrett with if you fire him? Top coaching candidate right now is Josh McDaniels; ask Ludicrous Speed about how his head coaching stint in Denver went. Beyond that, there's Jon Gruden, who by the time the 2018 season rolls around will not have coached for 10 years, and Jim Harbaugh, who is struggling at the college level, so, take your pick if any of those excite you.

Finally, Dak. Again, where the hell do you plan on getting a better QB? Look at the QBs available in free agency. Kirk Cousins, widely regarded as the top prize now that Jimmy Garoppolo is in San Francisco, is finishing up a $109 million contract, making roughly $27 million per year. You guys have less than a third of that in cap room, and getting rid of Dak doesn't help much because he's on a rookie contract. Even if you could trade Dez away and get the other team to eat his entire cap hit (unlikely), you'd still come up about $7 million short. And that's just for his current contract; you can bet given how NFL GM's stampede over each other to lock up any FA QB with the slightest inkling of potential (see Brock Osweiler for more details) that he'll get offered even more from some QB desperate team like Denver or Arizona. You can always try your hand at Sam Bradford or Josh McCown, or see if you can pull Jay Cutler back from retirement for one more year...but chances are they're even worse than you make Dak out to be. Again, you can go for the draft, but considering that you're quite literally ready to dump a second year QB because he didn't make the playoffs in both his first and second year, you'd probably be ready to throw out Josh Allen or whoever else is still available by mid-late first round in a couple of years.

And Dak didn't even play that badly this season; 63% completion, 21-11 TDs, 89.6 QB rating. That's pretty good for a second year QB on a team that was missing its best weapon for six games. Half the league would kill to have a QB that competent, and he's just wrapping up his sophomore year. Fuck, imagine if the Patriots had kicked Tom Brady to the curb after he had a slightly underwhelming 2002 and his team missed the playoffs.

You guys seriously need to calm down. Losing is frustrating, but if the Cleveland Browns have taught us anything, it's that you don't fix your franchise by rebooting it every couple of years and bringing in new players/staff. Look for some FAs in positions that you're actually weak in compared to the rest of the league, and give Dak some time to grow. Also, RG3's second year (and career) were destroyed by injuries, not just suddenly playing badly. Before the end of his first season, he had torn his LCL, ACL, and Meniscus. These are entirely different situations.

I will, however, support getting rid of Jerry Jones.

Cowboys fans are my least favorite fanbase in all of sports. They shit all over Romo after years of mediocrity (remember when making a wildcard berth with Quincy Carter was a big deal?) at QB, treat Dak like the second coming of Jesus after a great rookie season but solid-but-not-stellar season by elite standards, and now the most delusional of them are ready to pull the plug on Dak before his second season is finished. Do you know how many teams were/are just a Romo or Prescott away from being serious contenders and would kill for stumbling into QB talent like that?

It would make my entire life if Jerry Jones somehow paid a king's ransom to acquire Cousins. I feel sorry for the sucker GM that does, and I pray to God it ain't mine (although we probably won't be any better off with our choices being between Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum).

Anyway, spot-on assessment sir.

RolStoppable said:
burninmylight said:

Cowboys fans are my least favorite fanbase in all of sports. They shit all over Romo after years of mediocrity (remember when making a wildcard berth with Quincy Carter was a big deal?) at QB, treat Dak like the second coming of Jesus after a great rookie season but solid-but-not-stellar season by elite standards, and now the most delusional of them are ready to pull the plug on Dak before his second season is finished. Do you know how many teams were/are just a Romo or Prescott away from being serious contenders and would kill for stumbling into QB talent like that?

It would make my entire life if Jerry Jones somehow paid a king's ransom to acquire Cousins. I feel sorry for the sucker GM that does, and I pray to God it ain't mine (although we probably won't be any better off with our choices being between Bradford, Bridgewater and Keenum).

Anyway, spot-on assessment sir.

Cowboys fans are the best.

My favorite moment was when Romo was blamed for a loss in a game where he threw for over 500 yards and had 5 TDs to 1 INT.

Um, it was his fault. He had a fantastic game but still lost it by throwing that interception with like 2 minutes left. Not saying he was the SOLE reason for the loss but he is apart of the reason, it's a team sport after all. 

GB-DET 2 HOU-IND 1 CHI-MIN 2 NYJ-NE 2
WAS-NYG 1 DAL-PHI 2 CLE-PIT 2 CIN-BAL 2
KC-DEN 1 OAK-LAC 2 SF-LAR 2 BUF-MIA 1
ARI-SEA 2 NO-TB 1 JAX-TEN 1 CAR-ATL 1 by 7

RolStoppable said:
GB-DET 2
HOU-IND 1 CHI-MIN 2 NYJ-NE 2
WAS-NYG 1 DAL-PHI 2 CLE-PIT 2 CIN-BAL 2
KC-DEN 1 OAK-LAC 2 SF-LAR 2 BUF-MIA 1
ARI-SEA 2 NO-TB 1 JAX-TEN 1 CAR-ATL ATL by 3

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge