By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Evre Nintendo Switch game already passed 1m, and Zelda BotW and MK8D crazy attach rates (83% and 75%)

25% each for ARMS and 1,2 Switch.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Vor said:
vivster said:

That's pretty bold to assume that not every person in Japan bought Wii Sports to their Wii at launch.

There's always at least one guy that didn't purchase it, either intentionally or by accident.

And always that other guy that bought 2.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Reasons to buy a Switch?
Mario Kart & Zelda.

JRPGfan said:
Reasons to buy a Switch?
Mario Kart & Zelda.

And Splatoon 2.

Kai_Mao said:
JRPGfan said:
Reasons to buy a Switch?
Mario Kart & Zelda.

And Splatoon 2.

and .... 1-2-Switch.

*runs to safety and hides*

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

Really, the ARMS sales are the most impressive to me. I was looking at trends and thought it would do well but already over a million sold? that's impressive and puts the game on track to sell over 2 million, probably over 2.5 million. All depending on legs and extenuating circumstances and promotionals and so on.

Miyamotoo said:
Darashiva said:
It's certainly impressive, but not really all that surprising. BotW and MK8 are still essentially the only real system sellers on the Switch, and most people buy the system on their strength alone at this point.

Well now we have Splatoon 2 also, but fact is that all 3 are very strong system sellers and esantaly must have games.

Xen said:
Darashiva said:
It's certainly impressive, but not really all that surprising. BotW and MK8 are still essentially the only real system sellers on the Switch, and most people buy the system on their strength alone at this point.

Those, and now, Splatoon 2.

True, completely forgot about that. The Switch has a genuinely great lineup of games already, the main issue I think is that there aren't all that many of them yet. That'll probably change by the end of the year, but as of now the console lives and dies by it's 1st party titles.

Darashiva said:
Miyamotoo said:

Well now we have Splatoon 2 also, but fact is that all 3 are very strong system sellers and esantaly must have games.

Xen said:

Those, and now, Splatoon 2.

True, completely forgot about that. The Switch has a genuinely great lineup of games already, the main issue I think is that there aren't all that many of them yet. That'll probably change by the end of the year, but as of now the console lives and dies by it's 1st party titles.

Arms 2 is another game worth mentioning. Though it still is first party.

But it may be Nintendo's first party offerings that are the system sellers, to those that have the system there is plenty of other great games that are worth purchasing even if they may not be moving the console. Such as: Shovel Knight Treasure Trove, Minecraft, Shantae Half Hero, Disgea 5, Street Fighter 2, I am Setsuna, Lego City Undercover, Snake Pass, NBA Playgrounds, Snipperclips, Mr. Shifty, Fate Extalia and I'm probabbly missing some. As I said, you can argue that none are system sellers, but Nintendo has its first party to do that. Once you have the system there is a good selection of games you can try.

I believe all the games I listed above are out already. There are plenty of other games coming out before the end of the year as well. Such as: One PIece Unlimited World Red, Dragonball Xenoverse 2, Nights of Azure 2, Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Xenoblade 2, Rocket League, Poken Tournament DX, Fifa 18, Sonic Mania, Sonic Forces, Rime, Fire Emblem Warriors, Skyrim, Rayman Legends Defenitive, and obviously Super Mario Oddyssey

Again I could be missing some that are decent games for 2017, but I'm just going off mostly memory. That is a huge list of games. There shoudl a few in those lists that one can enjoy to go along with Nintendo's first party offerings.

Me and other friends bought (or are looking for one) Nintendo Switch Just for Xenoblade 2 Mainly, some want Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon or the Neo Geo games.
We are really happy with Switch's Sales and Ninty's quality Games.
What other games do you recommend us?

that's incredible - also whilst Nintendo are turning out one real system seller a month at the moment there's more and more decent downloadable games that I want to play.

Then next year i reckon we'll get more Wiiu deluxe games released as a lot of people like me never had a Wiiu and i really want to play pikmin 3, super mario 3d world and wonderful 101. By then we probably wont be far off the likes of Yoshi, Kirby and Metroid Prime - and this is not even mentioning skyrim which is a first day purchase for me personally.

Nice