By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What exclusives have you purchased that came out this year?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
KilleyMc said:
Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
Persona 5 (PS3)

If handhelds are not included I think those two will be the only ones.

You know what.....I'll make an exception. Add to that list, bro. I didnt really give my DS much love, but it will get some when Metroid drops. 

Thanks fot that, adding:

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadow of Valentia (3DS)

Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns (3DS)

Ever Oasis (3DS)

Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception (Vita)

Plan to get at least 6 more for my 3DS alone before years end.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Cloudman said:
Can Persona 5 be considered Exclusive? I mean, I have it on PS3. Otherwise, here is my list:

Splatoon 2 (Switch)

Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Mario Kart Deluxe (Switch)

Kamiko (Switch)

ARMS (Switch)

By that reasoning your list is one short also. BoTW is on wii u.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Only bought 2 full games this year and both of them exclusive:

Nioh
Persona 5

Also bought Stormblood expansion for FFXIV (PS4).

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Using "console exclusives" sir? If I didn't know better i'd think you were an Xbot :D

Yeahhhhh I don't know about Xenoblade 2. I played the first one for a few hours but it didn't grab me, combat was weird. Plus, X looks MUCH BETTER aesthetically. X looks better than 2 tbh. 

LOL You know those terminologies didnt really exist in the console realm until the gen set foot in there. I hope they put out like a preview deno of Xenoblades. I'd love to try it.  I never got to play the first so this is important. What was it about the combat that rubbed you the wrong way?

I don't know, to be fair I've only dabbled in JRPGS and never finished one, but it was like a real time strategy game but where the enemies do soooooooooooooooooo much damage, I felt like in the first 3 hours half of the combat was me running around awkwardly trying to swing my sword(which only swings if you're a certain distance near them) and then strafe just far enough so they wouldn't hit me, the movement was just really really awkward and even when I tried to strategize I felt like the game practically forced you to take damage. I'm sure some people can make the game look super easy but it just felt soooo awkward to play. 

Breath of the Wild

that's it, so far. Do wanna get Horizon soon though

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kylar18 said:
I think Horizon is the only exclusive I have picked up so far. I'm planning on getting Breath of the Wild soon though.

Great choices. Both are GOTY material. Persona and Nier are the next RPG options that are GOTY worthy too.

I'm definitely considering Nier, not sure about Persona though. It looks like a good game, but I'm not sure it is for me.

fire emblem shadows of valentia.

you guys are compaining about not getting a switch? try living in south korea, where its normally easy to just hop to japan to get a console, but its not worth it right now.

Persona 5
Nier Automata
Halo Wars 2

Edit: Oh and Nioh; completely forgot about it.

Hmm, think that's it for games that released this year.

Not counting 'console exclusives,' Crash, Horizon, Yakuza Zero are the only ones off the top of my head.

NobleTeam360 said:

Persona 5
Nier Automata
Halo Wars 2

Edit: Oh and Nioh; completely forgot about it.

Hmm, think that's it for games that released this year.

Nice! how are you liking Nioh?