By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Sales in the end?

45m-55m before its successor.

Around the Network

A safe guess is 80-110 million. I'd be surprised if it sells less than the likes of ps3/360/psp, and somewhat surprised if it gets passed wii/psx level.

50 million with an almost impossibly better attach rate of games and accessories per system sold. A Switch case and Pro Controller are almost mandatory buys at this point. By March 03 2019 Switch could easily have a better library than the Wii U's entire life-cycle. We're not even five months into Switch and there's easily six to seven good games on store shelves. At this point Wii U just had Monster Hunter, NSMB, and Nintendoland.

60-65m is what I'm thinking, but depends largely on how many year Nintendo will support it/release a sucessor

Areym said:
...It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matteeeerrr

I'd say 60 mil is a safe bet.

You reminded me, now I'm sad. :c

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

90 million.

Lawlight said:
65M. 85M is way too high for a Nintendo system.

I agree. No Nintendo system has ever sold more than 85 million before anyway.

My prediction is around 68m currently.

Way too early to predict the endgame, as a lot of people at first figured the Wii U would sell 40 million plus consoles. I'll bite anyway.
January 1, 2018 - 10 million units
March 31, 2018 - 12.3 million units
So it will surpass the Wii U in the second quarter of 2018
Final Sales - 55 million

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Over 110m