By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Sales in the end?

Lawlight said:
65M. 85M is way too high for a Nintendo system.

first device to unify their hardware, software & userbase, 85 million is certainly not out of the question.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Fewer than Wii more than 3DS. So probably 85-95 million.

zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:

first device to unify their hardware, software & userbase, 85 million is certainly not out of the question.

WiiU owners overlap with 3DS owners, a huge chunk of whom bought multiple 3DS revisions. And unifiying their hardware also means that their games have to have a higher budget and will take longer to make.

Lawlight said:
zorg1000 said:

WiiU owners overlap with 3DS owners

true but lets not rule out the potential for people who owned neither to get a Switch. 

a huge chunk of whom bought multiple 3DS revisions.

And Switch will likely recieve multiple revisions as well so this point is mute

And unifiying their hardware also means that their games have to have a higher budget and will take longer to make.

Individual games may take longer to make but since all support will be on a single device rather than two, the overall output will still be greater

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Personally, with 3rd parties starting to jump on board like 2K and Ubisoft, I feel more will come down the road, and as a result games like that in the future will be on Switch.

As for numbers, I see no less than 80 million. I think my max as of no huge surprises yet would be 115 million. However, there may be some huge surprises down the road.

Around the Network

80-110 million

1doesnotsimply

Lawlight said:

I didn't know that GB/GBC, GBA, DS and Wii are not Nintendo systems. :)

Also, Switch is console that will be bought buy handheld and home console users in same time, it will have multiple revisions similar like 3DS, and it will have very strong support of Nintendo in any case (unified platform). So 85m definitely isn't too high and definatly is possible, we already seeing how huge demand for Switch is.

Too early IMO, I would say at least 50m+ in any case, but how much exactly (50m, 60m, 70m, 80m, 90m...) its hard to say right now, If I need to choose I would say around 80m.

Miyamotoo said:
Lawlight said:

I didn't know that Wii and DS are not Nintendo systems. :)

Also, Switch is console that will be bought buy handheld and home console users in same time, it will have multiple revisions similar like 3DS, and it will have very strong support of Nintendo in any case (unified platform). So 85m definitely isn't too high and definatly is possible, we already seeing how huge demand for Switch is.

Some are desperate to erased them from history, it has been happening for years here.

Goodnightmoon said:
Miyamotoo said:

I didn't know that Wii and DS are not Nintendo systems. :)

Some are desperate to erased them from history, it has been happening for years here.

Yup, Nintendo haters always act like DS and Wii never happened, it's really said. I also forget to mentione GB/GBC and GBA.