By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump extends Obama's 'worst deal ever'

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

I know. Someone should tell Trump. Also all the other president stuff he doesn't bother with.

Or maybe the position and integrity of the presidency was overrated to begin with.

That too. That's why real democracies have chancellors or prime ministers with vastly reduced powers.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
LurkerJ said:

as opposed to... the Saudis? the main exporter of wahhabism?

I do agree that It's never truly about religion, that's just what the monarchs feed their people. I don't know the real reasons behind Obama's pivot towards Iran as well, but it will be interesting to watch.

Well didn't most of the hijackers of 9/11 supposedly come from Saudi Arabia?  We sure punished them hard.  Maybe not because Bush family and Saudis were butt buddies. 

Here, laugh your ass off:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/munzeralawad/a-girl-visited-a-saudi-arabian-village-in-a-miniskirt-now?utm_term=.prqoNvVbQ#.lnWlORPBJ

The ideology spread by the Saudi regime inside and outside of their country is just sickening. 

Locknuts said:
He didn't think it would work. It seems to be working. He's keeping it. Smart move.

No, more like he wanted to find something to criticize Obama for and make himself look like he would do things better.  Instead when he got into the White House he found out he knew nothing about international politics and once informed found out he best just let things stand.  Lets not continue the pretense that Trump has any real clue on international politics.  It’s not like he really studied anything remotely dealing with politics.  As many surmised when he was running for office that he did know swat and was making a lot of noise to please his base.

vivster said:
Locknuts said:

Your whole position on Trump seems to be geared around him being some kind of idiot who somehow fell into  $4 billion and the Presidency of the USA.

People seem to constantly underestimate this man. I guess because he looks funny and talks funny.

To answer the question though: politics. Since when has a sitting president praised the policies of his immediate predecessor from another political party? It doesn't happen in any country around the world. It's policy that works, so he needs to leave it and shut up.

Yes, I am. And his true nature he is constantly showing proves it.

There are a lot of rich people that came to wealth by being smart. Trump is apparently not one of them. You don't need to be smart when you can pay smart people to think and do business for you. And Trump was rich from the very beginning.

Trump is a complete narcisistic moron that had money shoved up his ass from his childhood and thanks to being surrounded by ass lickers 24/7 his personality became that of a spoiled dictator. I mean look at the baby rages of him once someone is mean to him. He's like Kim Jong Un but with worse hair and thankfully less power.

I've never heard of a stupid person holding onto their money. They always lose it in the end. Even if Trump fell into the money he's got, smarter people than him would have taken it from him by now. If he's not that bright but has an uncanny ability to surround himself with brilliant and competent people, then I guess President of the USA is a pretty good job for him.

Locknuts said:
vivster said:

Yes, I am. And his true nature he is constantly showing proves it.

There are a lot of rich people that came to wealth by being smart. Trump is apparently not one of them. You don't need to be smart when you can pay smart people to think and do business for you. And Trump was rich from the very beginning.

Trump is a complete narcisistic moron that had money shoved up his ass from his childhood and thanks to being surrounded by ass lickers 24/7 his personality became that of a spoiled dictator. I mean look at the baby rages of him once someone is mean to him. He's like Kim Jong Un but with worse hair and thankfully less power.

I've never heard of a stupid person holding onto their money. They always lose it in the end. Even if Trump fell into the money he's got, smarter people than him would have taken it from him by now. If he's not that bright but has an uncanny ability to surround himself with brilliant and competent people, then I guess President of the USA is a pretty good job for him.

Haven't you read what I wrote? He can't lose it when he pays people to keep it. And no he does not surround himself with brilliant people. Brilliant people just go where the money and power is. I mean look at all the failures he hired for his cabinet.

Trump is alive and breathing right now because people do it for him. If we replaced a monkey with him right now, nothing would change. Except maybe less outrageous lies and improved international relations.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Locknuts said:

Haven't you read what I wrote? He can't lose it when he pays people to keep it. And no he does not surround himself with brilliant people. Brilliant people just go where the money and power is. I mean look at all the failures he hired for his cabinet.

Trump is alive and breathing right now because people do it for him. If we replaced a monkey with him right now, nothing would change. Except maybe less outrageous lies and improved international relations.

And this is why Trump won. Because the dems underestimated him just like you are now. They thought they had it in the bag and didn't all turn out to vote.

Trump is supremely competent as a businessman and the fact that his successes heavily outweigh his failures is testament to that.

As a politician I'm not so sure, but he's got to be better than Obama or Bush.  

Trump won because of a lot of stupid people in the voting pool. Trump comes selling candy "we're going to make America great again!" and so they vote for him rather than the person who is suggesting actual policy. The uneducated states almost unanimously voted for him, while the more educated states voted for Hillary. Dummies outnumber the smarties.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Azuren said:
Why was the inclusion of Iran restricting its nuclear activities was delegated to a footnote? That almost seems like the main motivation behind this.

Isn't that because it's a key part of the Obama deal that Trump has been criticizing and which his administration has now extended?  In other words, it's not a footnote as much as it is a detail of the main part?  Or am I wrong?  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Skeeuk said:
Can someone explain the hate towards Iran?

Shah of Iran being overthrown, then the hostages at the embassy, so American interests not met. Its been pretty sour since then, though I can understand why some people didn't like the shah (he was put in place by the Americans to replace the elected PM). Thats what I think happened, but frankly I know far less than I should about the issue.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

vivster said:
VGPolyglot said:

Or maybe the position and integrity of the presidency was overrated to begin with.

That too. That's why real democracies have chancellors or prime ministers with vastly reduced powers.

Imagine what tragedy could have been averted if it had been Chancellor Hitler instead of President Hitler.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!