By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is nobody going to talk about the fact that Atari re-entered the console market?

Green098 said:

No, I don't even know what Atari is other than some console brand that existed in the pre-Nintendo era.

To be quite honest I didn't even know they still existed until recently.

I don't think they're that obscure I remember when I was 10 I really wanted an Atari 2600. That was in 2008, yet I still haven't got one yet.

Around the Network

Simple.Because no one cares.

Bringing more clarification into this, they havent showed anything to be hyped about.Atari is a company that is historically troubled, with many questionable practices and having zero compelling first party content.If you asking us to be excited about the prospect of yet another piece of hardware that plays primerally third party content(and at even that not at the extent of XOne and PS4) with a company as broken and faulty as Atari, with having, on top of that, nothing to show so far, then you are simply wrong.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Not even the multimillion dollar company like Google or Apple are entering the market. I don't see the reason why Atari would do it.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

I don't really care. Until they have a sizable game library of games I like, I'm not gonna pay it any attention to it.

Vor said:
Not even the multimillion dollar company like Google or Apple are entering the market. I don't see the reason why Atari would do it.

Dont you mean multibillion? Google and Apple are both literally the top companies in the world.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Green098 said:

No, I don't even know what Atari is other than some console brand that existed in the pre-Nintendo era.

To be quite honest I didn't even know they still existed until recently.

I don't think they're that obscure I remember when I was 10 I really wanted an Atari 2600. That was in 2008, yet I still haven't got one yet.

Well I barely know them, I've seen like pictures of their old consoles and some old history gaming videos were they are mentioned. I defintely didn't know about them when I was 10 though which would of been in 2010, I only found out about them through youtube, I mean I probably wasn't the most hardcore gamer at that age. I mean I barely would of even knew very much about even past Nintendo consoles at that stage in my life. But yeah other than the video game crash, I don't know much esspecially compared to my knowledge of Nintendo, Sega, Xbox and Playstation and I don't have any attachment what so ever to them.

Like nowadays unless someone goes out of their way or is super in the gaming fanbase the most they'll know about Atari is from what they hear in the odd video or article here and there.

Although it should be noted i live in the UK were Atari didn't have nearly much as presence like it did in the US.

darkenergy said:
Vor said:

Dont you mean multibillion? Google and Apple are both literally the top companies in the world.

Whoops. Seems the M and B button is a bit close on the keyboard

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Will be as successful as the Ouya and the Steam Machine....

Green098 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well I barely know them, I've seen like pictures of their old consoles and some old history gaming videos were they are mentioned. I defintely didn't know about them when I was 10 though which would of been in 2010, I only found out about them through youtube, I mean I probably wasn't the most hardcore gamer at that age. I mean I barely would of even knew very much about even past Nintendo consoles at that stage in my life. But yeah other than the video game crash, I don't know much esspecially compared to my knowledge of Nintendo, Sega, Xbox and Playstation and I don't have any attachment what so ever to them.

I see. I really got into retro gaming when I was 10, so I liked watching videos of and reading about retro video games, including Atari. Though I definitely do prefer the others that you listed.

Any console that doesn't have physical games is worse then a PC.
I would never support a console that doesn't have physical games.

So yeah, thats why I am not talking about this console.

Twitter @CyberMalistix