By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
celador said:
StarOcean said:
I'm sure we'll see the angry insecure males out of the closet, up in arms over this. Look, if you ain't gonna fuck'em, why does it matter?

it's funny that men criticisng anything involving women is insecurity, but women say, calling anyone who didn't like last year's Ghostbusters movie sexist and misogynist, isn't

That is quite funny. But anywhore, the new Ghostbusters was a shit reboot. It had absolutely no purpose using females. It had clear intent. It's been know for some time now the Doctor can be male, female, whatever. So that's a false equivalency. 

Around the Network
Tulipanzo said:
As an aside, it is quite hilarious to see crybabies' reaction to this. Undignified as ever

Im one of those I guess?

Honestly dont care about the series... and Im find with a woman doctor.

I can understand why some fans of the series, would react "undignified" as you put it.

This is like white washing / token black guy level, its a women just because.... which again I think is fine.

They just have to make it fit story wise.

It doesnt make sense for his latest morph to for no apparent reason to this time become a woman.

So the episode when he does morph into a woman, they need to explain why it happend he turned out as a woman this time.

celador said:
StarOcean said:
I'm sure we'll see the angry insecure males out of the closet, up in arms over this. Look, if you ain't gonna fuck'em, why does it matter?

it's funny that men criticisng anything involving women is insecurity, but women say, calling anyone who didn't like last year's Ghostbusters movie sexist and misogynist, isn't

Still going on about Ghostbusters is a sign of insecurity tbh

StarOcean said:
celador said:

That is quite funny. But anywhore, the new Ghostbusters was a shit reboot. It had absolutely no purpose using females. It had clear intent. It's been know for some time now the Doctor can be male, female, whatever. So that's a false equivalency. 

"It happened during the The Curse of Fatal Death, which was a Comic Relief parody of Doctor Who."

It has never happend in the actual show.

The doctor has never in a story episode, said he can be male,female,whatever.

"If I recall my very fuzzy history of Dr. Who, the Doctor always regenerates as a man, of roughly the same approximate age and height, and roughly the same nationality and 'race'."

Show writer ? says on the matter:

"One day I'm reasonably confident somebody in this [showrunner] role - whether it's me or someone else - will say not, 'Let's cast a woman', they'll say, 'That person, that's the one who could the be the Doctor'. You're just casting someone that you think will set that role on fire. I think for now that is Peter - I thought it was Matt [Smith] before - it's not about the gender thing."

However story wise it doesnt really fit. Not for the doctor.

However the doctor has known others that regenerated, and some of those have at times done the switch.

"DOCTOR: The mark of the Corsair. Fantastic bloke. He had that snake as a tattoo in every regeneration. Didn't feel like himself unless he had the tattoo. Or herself, a couple of times. Ooo, she was a bad girl."

Got this by googleing "has there ever been a female doctor who"

JRPGfan said:
StarOcean said:

"It happened during the The Curse of Fatal Death, which was a Comic Relief parody of Doctor Who."

"If I recall my very fuzzy history of Dr. Who, the Doctor always regenerates as a man, of roughly the same approximate age and height, and roughly the same nationality and 'race'."

"One day I'm reasonably confident somebody in this [showrunner] role - whether it's me or someone else - will say not, 'Let's cast a woman', they'll say, 'That person, that's the one who could the be the Doctor'. You're just casting someone that you think will set that role on fire. I think for now that is Peter - I thought it was Matt [Smith] before - it's not about the gender thing."

However the doctor has known others that regenerated, and some of those have at times done the switch.

If it's been known that others have done it, how is it impossible for him not to? Kinda like God. God is always shown as a dude but clearly God doesnt have or need a dick and is neither. Thats a seperate discussion, but always one funny to play around with as well

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
JRPGfan said:

If it's been known that others have done it, how is it impossible for him not to? Kinda like God. God is always shown as a dude but clearly God doesnt have or need a dick and is neither. Thats a seperate discussion, but always one funny to play around with as well

"The fact the Corsair changed genders doesn't mean all Time Lords change genders: it's been speculated that it just means the Corsair was the Time Lord equivalent of LBGT."

The Corsair was a "weird" Time Lord.

Doctor Who... isnt? Hes always been male.

Why does he suddenly turn into a woman? doesnt make sense from a story standpoint.

JRPGfan said:
StarOcean said:

"DOCTOR: The mark of the Corsair. Fantastic bloke. He had that snake as a tattoo in every regeneration. Didn't feel like himself unless he had the tattoo. Or herself, a couple of times. Ooo, she was a bad girl."

Got this by googleing "has there ever been a female doctor who"

The Doctor doesn't have to say he can (although in both the last 2 episodes he indicated it was possible which contradicts you) because other Timelords have done it confirming that he can as well, we've had the Master and Missy and then the was the episode with the Timelord General going from a caucasian male to a black female who was of younger age as well.

Moffat can say what ever we're not to concerned what came out his mouth in the past he's no longer involved and made Dr Who harder to like as a series with his direction.

JRPGfan said:
StarOcean said:

If it's been known that others have done it (1 guy), how is it impossible for him not to? Kinda like God. God is always shown as a dude but clearly God doesnt have or need a dick and is neither. Thats a seperate discussion, but always one funny to play around with as well

"The fact the Corsair changed genders doesn't mean all Time Lords change genders: it's been speculated that it just means the Corsair was the Time Lord equivalent of LBGT."

Why does he suddenly turn into a woman? doesnt make sense from a story standpoint.

Story wise it could be explained. Why not that he suddenly change to a chick? Clearly nothing prevented it from happening. Are you saying because it hasn't happened before it absolutely cannot happen ever?

I'm a few seasons behind on Dr. Who. Has it gotten any better since the first season of Capaldi's run?

StarOcean said:
JRPGfan said:

Story wise it could be explained. Why not that he suddenly change to a chick? Clearly nothing prevented it from happening. Are you saying because it hasn't happened before it absolutely cannot happen ever?

Im saying that Time lords can "decide" what they end up looking like after a regeneration... atleast when it comes to which sex they are.

And the doctor as far as I know, has never been a chick.

They just need to explain why this time around he choose a differnt sex than he normally does, and then its all fine I guess.