By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild rises to #1 selling game this year

Valdney said:
So much denial from weird 3D mario fans!!! It is funny! As of now it is safe to assume that BotW has already surpassed that failed 3D Mario game for the Wii U, despite all supply issues caused by the massive demand that BotW has created. In One or Two years from now, BotW will have Skrym-like sales. No weird 3D Mario game has ever done that and never will.

The bigger your statement now, the bigger our laugh later xD

BoTW is my favourite game ever btw

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
Valdney said:
So much denial from weird 3D mario fans!!! It is funny! As of now it is safe to assume that BotW has already surpassed that failed 3D Mario game for the Wii U, despite all supply issues caused by the massive demand that BotW has created. In One or Two years from now, BotW will have Skrym-like sales. No weird 3D Mario game has ever done that and never will.

That is the spirit!! We will see! I know I am right though!

Valdney said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That is the spirit!! We will see! I know I am right though!

Me too. Mario Oddissey will ousell BoTW on Switch, it may be the best game of the face of videogames, Mario, which has a bigger audience than Zelda, so...

Valdney said:
I will come back to this thread to laugh at people who think that that weird 3D Mario game (every 3D Mario is weird) is gonna outsell a phenomenon such as BotW. Hahahahahahahahah. When was the last time a weird 3D Mario game caused a Nintendo system to be sold out for months? That is right, never.

Is this joke post!? 3D Mario always outsold 3D Zelda on same system, going from N64, GC, Wii and Wii U. Maybe this time will be different we still don't know, but this Mario Odyssey look like it will be 10+m seller.

Miyamotoo said:
Valdney said:
I will come back to this thread to laugh at people who think that that weird 3D Mario game (every 3D Mario is weird) is gonna outsell a phenomenon such as BotW. Hahahahahahahahah. When was the last time a weird 3D Mario game caused a Nintendo system to be sold out for months? That is right, never.

Is this joke post!? 3D Mario always outsold 3D Zelda on same system, going from N64, GC, Wii and Wii U. Maybe this time will be different we still don't know, but this Mario Odyssey look like it will be 10+m seller.

I've heard rumors of such a state of trolling that one actually believe what they are saying. I've tried to achieve this, but have never come close. Could this be the chosen one?

Around the Network
Valdney said:
I have to laugh at people who think that a 3D Mario game will outsell a real Zelda game. Hahahahahahahahahaha. It will never happen!!!!

3D Marios always sold more than 3D Zeldas.  

64 sold more than OoT.

Sunshine sold more than WW.

Galaxy sold more than TP.

It isnt just the best game of the year its also one of the best one in 3 decades

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Miyamotoo said:
Valdney said:

It's obviously a joke. Not only is he factually wrong, his attitude is also completely over the top.

Congrats to Zelda on selling well but it's a bit misleading as the thread is only about physical copies sold on vgchartz. It's not 2008 anymore and Horizon's high digital attach rate still puts it on top. I know others will just lump the Wii U and Switch versions together to get the higher total but platform specific, Zelda Switch has not actually outsold Horizon....yet that is. It is evitable but still premature. Unless Sony goes with a Horizon Christmas/BF bundle like UC4 did last year. Then it will get interesting.

Man look at Horizon selling so much, that makes me really happy and it's a fresh new IP