By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild rises to #1 selling game this year

DanneSandin said:
Man, I haven't been here since 15th of July! That's a long ass time!

I have a question about Wind Waker; does it get better? I've just met up with King of the Red Lions, and so far I'm... pretty bored actually :/ I thought this was one of the best Zeldas? So far it's my least favorite...

I take it you meant for this to be in the Official Thread?

Anyway it seems that people either like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker's also my least favorite of the 3D games. It does get better though once the game opens up a bit and the dungeons come, which yes, takes a long *ss time.

Around the Network

Will it manage to outsell Twilight Princess lifetime? The game is aleady above the 4m units sold Switch and WiiU, is it that crazy to aim for the almost 10m units all TP versions combined sold?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

DanneSandin said:

I have a question about Wind Waker; does it get better? I've just met up with King of the Red Lions, and so far I'm... pretty bored actually :/ I thought this was one of the best Zeldas? So far it's my least favorite...

You meet King of Red Lions very early so don't worry, game will open up with more interesting characters and fun dungeons.

Cheers BotW. A great success.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

S.Peelman said:
DanneSandin said:

I take it you meant for this to be in the Official Thread?

Anyway it seems that people either like Wind Waker or Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker's also my least favorite of the 3D games. It does get better though once the game opens up a bit and the dungeons come, which yes, takes a long *ss time.

Hehe yeah , that's what I meant! I usually come to the site once a day, but I don't stay for long sadly...

Good to know! I was thinking of returning it... I have too many games to play to be bothered with one which isn't all that fun

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Rem87919394 said:
"Sony only survives because of third party" 😂😂😂😂 I love that bitter line. When PS4 is done. Sony will have 4 of the top 5 selling home consoles of all time. I don't understand why some people take vgchartz sales as the end all be all. Zelda came out on a new system that really doesn't have many good games to purchase right because it's still new. Horizon came out on the top selling console with plenty of competition and has done great. Both games have sold great. Not understanding all the Sony trashing that constantly goes on here. A lot of bitterness.

TheBlackNaruto said:
TheBraveGallade said:

literally the only reason sony survives is because of third party.

ninty's first party is good enough that it can practically live isolated and still pull 13 milion, and even the wii U didn't have ninty's FULL focus. half of ninty went to the 3ds, and it still didn't become a vita scale disaster. it remained, even if only a tiny bit, relevent in the market, while handily staying ahead of the ps4 in japan untill last october.

sony first party can't do that.

plus with the loss of the portable market a LOT of japanese vita gamers and publishers will migrate to either mobile or switch (or both).

It is always interesting  to hear that.....I can't say for sure or not if Sony could survive only on 1st party games.....why because they are not in the same situation as Nintendo. Nintendo HAS to survive off of mostly only 1st party because they have so little major 3rd party support. Sony does not have that same issue and is not in that position where they would  HAVE to survive off of basically 1st party support alone. Who knows if they could or couldn't if they HAD to do so......for now we will never know.

well that's the beauty of it, Sony has it all. first, second, and third party support. look at the PS3's history and its rocky start for example.

anyways, good sales all around.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Playerunkown Battlegrounds? You know the game that has sold 10m already? Seriously these lists are pathetic, not saying Zelda isn't selling well nor am i saying that it doesn't deserve to be number 1. But if you where to look actual numbers (not only physical sales) its not even close to the top. Also multi platform games should have all copies assembled into 1 number not split.

just wait for COD, SW:B, FIFA, etc

FIFA 18 is around the corner, thanks.

Darwinianevolution said:
Will it manage to outsell Twilight Princess lifetime? The game is aleady above the 4m units sold Switch and WiiU, is it that crazy to aim for the almost 10m units all TP versions combined sold?

The 4 million figure is just for the Switch version alone, it was at 3.92 according to Nintendo as of June 30th. Safe to say it was already well above 4 million by the time July 22nd hit. Add the 1 million units that the Wii U version sold and Breath of the Wild is already well above at 5 million units as of July 22nd. And that's 3 months before its first holiday season. Honestly, 10 million units for both versions is looking conservative.