By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD prediction thread (who will win this months NPD). PS4 Wins (leaked results in OP)

Which console will win this month's NPD?

Xbox One 27 4.17%

PS4 545 84.10%

Nintendo Switch 76 11.73%

Total:648
Miyamotoo said:
Switch in June similar like in May had low stocks, so most likely PS4 is winning, while Switch is second and XB1 and third.

It's a shame, switch can't win NPDs now cause there's not enough stock, and it won't win later cause all the Nintendo fans will have bought but at a slow pace. Maybe Nintendo's just trying to pace the sales so they don't just drop like a rock.

Around the Network
NawaiNey said:
Miyamotoo said:
Switch in June similar like in May had low stocks, so most likely PS4 is winning, while Switch is second and XB1 and third.

It's a shame, switch can't win NPDs now cause there's not enough stock, and it won't win later cause all the Nintendo fans will have bought but at a slow pace.

Maybe Nintendo's just trying to pace the sales so they don't just drop like a rock.

Demand for Switch is still strong and Nintendo still cant keep up with demand, and demand for Switch is rising with every new bigger game, Splatoon 2 will rise demand for Switch significant, not to mention Mario Odyssey in holiday season.

So that doesnt make any sense, like I wrote, demand for Switch is huge and it will continue selling great beacuse Nintendo have games to maintance demand and good sales. Relite is that they didnt expect so big demand and they need time increase manufacturer of Switch, especially if that info is true that Nintendo is battling with Apple for memory parts.

Is Xbox One even selling anymore? It seems like Microsoft hasn't released any PR for NPD in a while.

Honestly it shouldn't even be an option on the poll lol. 

NawaiNey said:
jason1637 said:

[XB1] 180k

[PS4] 270k

[NSW] Dunno about stock but maybe 200k.

[3DS] 55k

[WiU] 10k

That's quite high for XB1. Shawn Layden said PS4 has been otselling XB1 2:1 in US this year.

The Xbox One sold 210k last year June so im predicting its down YOY for June. 

jason1637 said:
NawaiNey said:

That's quite high for XB1. Shawn Layden said PS4 has been otselling XB1 2:1 in US this year.

X1 sales have been crashing since the beginning of the year though....constantly being outsold 3:1 worldwide. No one is buying it anymore with X1X coming out and no real interesting games for it.

Around the Network

June? its not even close.... PS4 was way ahead of the Switch on amazon ect.

PS4 won may, where things where kinda close (judgeing by rankings on amazon ect).
June was not close.

It's hard to predict Switch's performance due to supply (we know outside of ARMS week the rest was pretty meh), but I'm confident PS4 will be able to win this month.

[XB1]150k
[PS4]280k
[NSW]230k
[3DS] 60k
[WiU]8k

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

JRPGfan said:
June? its not even close.... PS4 was way ahead of the Switch on amazon ect.

PS4 won may, where things where kinda close (judgeing by rankings on amazon ect).
June was not close.

Wasn't this the final rankings for June? I'm legitimately asking, I get confused with this stuff. xD

Final U.S. Monthly Hardware Rankings

PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle: #19
Switch (neon): #22
PS4 1TB (Gold): #30
Switch (grey): #35
PS4 Pro: #58
PS4 500GB CoW:IW bundle: #98†

If so, it wasn't THAT far ahead. xD In any case, I agree with you... PS4 should win this month.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Errorist76 said:
jason1637 said:

X1 sales have been crashing since the beginning of the year though....constantly being outsold 3:1 worldwide. No one is buying it anymore with X1X coming out and no real interesting games for it.

Well the sales are down worldwide but in the US XBO has been selling about the same as it was last year.

The Switch shortages were still in effect during June, right? If so, PS4 will definitely take it. But hey who knows, the XB1 has some killer apps coming this sum

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian