By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD prediction thread (who will win this months NPD). PS4 Wins (leaked results in OP)

Which console will win this month's NPD?

Xbox One 27 4.17%

PS4 545 84.10%

Nintendo Switch 76 11.73%

Total:648
COKTOE said:
The 7 people who voted for the Xbox One need to be isolated and studied. They might have viral immunities, or thought patterns that could help us fight back against an alien invasion.

Doctor Cox approves.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
NawaiNey said:

No it really hasn't, not only do we have Shawn Layden saying PS4 has been outselling it 2:1 this year. You can also check things like Amazon where last year for the month of June the rankings for PS4 and XB1 were this:

PS4 in June 2016: #16

XB1 in June 2016: #18, #46

While this year there's 4 PS4 SKUs in top 100 for PS4 and not a single XB1 in Amazon top 100. XB1 sales have crashed to some serious lows this year. 

PS4 in June 2017: #30, #59, #98, #19

XB1 in June 2017, or really any month is 2017: no where to be found.

Well yea on Amazon the Xbox One has been selling poorly but using the NPD sales and estimates its not that far off from its sales last year.

January 2017 was the consoles best January so it sold at least 20k more this year than last year.

Febuary 2017 sold 38k less than February 2016.

March 2017 it sold 41k less than March 2016.

April 2017 it sold 40k less than April 2017.

And it was flat YOY for May.

In my prediction for June i predicted it will sell 30k less than last year which isnt that hard to belive when looking at how its has sold this year compared to last year. This is using the Neogaf estimates so its not 100% accurate.

Exactly. We know what is accurate though, and that's Shawn Layden saying PS4 has been outselling XB1 by 2:1 in the US. He has the real numbers.

NawaiNey said:
jason1637 said:

Well yea on Amazon the Xbox One has been selling poorly but using the NPD sales and estimates its not that far off from its sales last year.

January 2017 was the consoles best January so it sold at least 20k more this year than last year.

Febuary 2017 sold 38k less than February 2016.

March 2017 it sold 41k less than March 2016.

April 2017 it sold 40k less than April 2017.

And it was flat YOY for May.

In my prediction for June i predicted it will sell 30k less than last year which isnt that hard to belive when looking at how its has sold this year compared to last year. This is using the Neogaf estimates so its not 100% accurate.

Exactly. We know what is accurate though, and that's Shawn Layden saying PS4 has been outselling XB1 by 2:1 in the US. He has the real numbers.

Well the estimates are based on whos predictions are close to the actual result. But overall this year the PS4 has been outselling the XBO 2:1.

Voted Xb one to win for the lulz.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

So wait, are numbers coming today?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
NawaiNey said:
Miyamotoo said:
Switch in June similar like in May had low stocks, so most likely PS4 is winning, while Switch is second and XB1 and third.

It's a shame, switch can't win NPDs now cause there's not enough stock, and it won't win later cause all the Nintendo fans will have bought but at a slow pace. Maybe Nintendo's just trying to pace the sales so they don't just drop like a rock.

Yep, Nintendo is trying to pace sales which is why it has sold better than DS, PSP, 360, PS3, 3DS, Vita, Wii U & XBO in the same time frame.......

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

barneystinson69 said:

July 20th

barneystinson69 said:

The NPD thread from Neogaf says the media release was a bit delayed. 1 or 2 days maybe, but definitely before the software charts which come next Thursday I believe.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Ps4 : 285k
Switch : 180k
Xone : 160k
3ds : 60k
WiiU : 8k
Vita : 5k

Likely the PS4.