AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Wouldn't it be like 6th? Or 8th if Snes beats it? Idk

PS2 = 150+ mil

PS1 = 100+ mil

Wii = About exactly 100

PS3 = 86 mil +

Xbox 360 = 86 mil + (just under)

SNES = 49 mil+ 

You're missing NES at 61m and PS4 (which will hit at least 90m lifetime I think). If XB1 manages to hit 50m (which I think it will assuming MS waits until 2020 to release Xbox 4) it will become the 8th bestselling console so far PS2 > PS1 > Wii > PS4 > PS3 > 360 > NES > XB1 > SNES > N64 > Genesis. Switch has the potential to pass XB1 as well, pushing XB1 down to 9th place, though calling it a home console is debatable imo since it's as much a handheld as it is a home console. 

And you´re missing Atari 2600 which is over 30M :)

Edit: oh sorry, you´re using VGC numbers :/

Xbox 1 has been sitting under 30m for months.

Congratulations, Microsoft. I am not an XBox fan, but I think 30 million pretty much guarantees that XOne historically will not be considered a failure. I think the XOne's biggest success has been it's Christmas season push over the past couple of years: there were weeks where it even came close to matching the PS4's insane sales which is no small feet.

jason1637 said:
Kerotan said:

Considering it's currently getting outsold WW by almost 5:1 by the ps4 that's not good.  Comparing it to 360 at this stage of last gen it's also doing terribly.. I'd actually guess it's overtracked.. 

As somebody said,  ps4 sold 30m twice before xb1 did it once.  Maybe next gen but this gen has been a disaster compared to the 360.

Actually compared to the 360 the One is selling about on par its just that the PS4 is doing way better than the PS3 and 360.

Overall yes thanks to a far superior launch and following year.  Now though it's trending way behind the monthly numbers 360 was posting at this stage of last gen.  Sales this year have been terrible. It's not doing good. 

Around the Network

Probably will reach 40 million by 2018 holidays
Meanwhile, ps4 might be at 85 to 90 and switch at 25 to 30s

malistix1985 said:
method114 said:

I'm glad they are getting this hate. It's the only thing encouraging them to do all those "solid" things you like. Otherwise believe me they wouldn't do it they'd just continue to push out their anti consumer policies. Plus them getting tons of hate at the X1 reveal is apparently what made Sony decide not to force us to pay for using used games so you see hate is necessary in order for companies to know we don't like what they are doing.

Just like I approved of the hate Sony got with the PS3 it forced them to make changes and now we have the PS4.

When Sony changed ship with PS3 people started to love them quite a lot and sales picked up.
When Microsoft changed ship with Xbox one, and yes they certainly did, people continued the hate and don't seem to care.

I guess the negativity is just a constant spiral and nothing they do this generation can save the bad image. I hope they will be able to recover even the Wii-U and PS3 seemed to be viewed as much better then the XBox One is. Doesn't really matter for me personally since I don't mind buying every console and I actually play most on PC anyway, which will always be the best and doesn't get a lot of hate since there is no main company behind it.

But I do think people need to give credit where it is deserved and if you just read this topic from page 1 to 3 it seems like people don't just hate Xbox but wish it did a lot worse then it already did, there is no reason for that. We are all gamers and harware selling well is the main reason we all get better games it doesn't matter if its a videocard in a pc or a console we don't prefer, everything needs to sell to grow our business.

Agreed with pretty much everything you said but the PS3 did get hate for a very long time as well. I remember getting one about 3 years after release and it was still getting hate. One thing to remember though is that Sony turned that around with great new IP'sexclusives and at the end of the day it's hard to argue against great games. The best people can do is say "I don't like those kinds of games". They can't argue how well they were ratedrecievedsold. MS started off great this gen but then kind of fell flat this last two years or so. I think both the lack of exclusives and the horrible start have sort of snowballed into each other. I know for a fact the hate wouldn't be this big if they were releasing as many well rated exclusives as Sony is.

Kerotan said:
jason1637 said:

Actually compared to the 360 the One is selling about on par its just that the PS4 is doing way better than the PS3 and 360.

Overall yes thanks to a far superior launch and following year.  Now though it's trending way behind the monthly numbers 360 was posting at this stage of last gen.  Sales this year have been terrible. It's not doing good. 

I think people are stretching the definition of "awful". Its been selling slightly more than 2016 numbers based on vgchartz at this point in the year. That points to 8 million sales this year if the trend continues, which is hardly "awful". 36 million at the end of the year is more than the N64 got in its lifetime.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Considering the colossal fuck-up at the beginning, that's pretty good. At least it ain't the Wii U, amirite?

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

shikamaru317 said:

Nice, congrats to MS. People like to say that XB1 is selling poorly, but actually it looks like XB1 is going to pass N64 later this year and SNES in a few years (assuming MS doesn't rush Xbox 4 out in 2019) to become the 8th bestselling video game home console so far.

N64 certainly.  SNES not so sure.