By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox One has reached 30 million sales

malistix1985 said:
method114 said:

I'm glad they are getting this hate. It's the only thing encouraging them to do all those "solid" things you like. Otherwise believe me they wouldn't do it they'd just continue to push out their anti consumer policies. Plus them getting tons of hate at the X1 reveal is apparently what made Sony decide not to force us to pay for using used games so you see hate is necessary in order for companies to know we don't like what they are doing.

Just like I approved of the hate Sony got with the PS3 it forced them to make changes and now we have the PS4.

When Sony changed ship with PS3 people started to love them quite a lot and sales picked up.
When Microsoft changed ship with Xbox one, and yes they certainly did, people continued the hate and don't seem to care.

I guess the negativity is just a constant spiral and nothing they do this generation can save the bad image. I hope they will be able to recover even the Wii-U and PS3 seemed to be viewed as much better then the XBox One is. Doesn't really matter for me personally since I don't mind buying every console and I actually play most on PC anyway, which will always be the best and doesn't get a lot of hate since there is no main company behind it.

But I do think people need to give credit where it is deserved and if you just read this topic from page 1 to 3 it seems like people don't just hate Xbox but wish it did a lot worse then it already did, there is no reason for that. We are all gamers and harware selling well is the main reason we all get better games it doesn't matter if its a videocard in a pc or a console we don't prefer, everything needs to sell to grow our business.

You must be blind to the industry.....cause all 3 get a crap ton of hate.

Preston Scott

Around the Network
Illusion said:
Congratulations, Microsoft. I am not an XBox fan, but I think 30 million pretty much guarantees that XOne historically will not be considered a failure. I think the XOne's biggest success has been it's Christmas season push over the past couple of years: there were weeks where it even came close to matching the PS4's insane sales which is no small feet.

Sales better during the holidays because thats almost the only time they have some console exclusives and big bargains where they near give the system away for free (PS has same bargains) 

Preston Scott

jonathanalis said:
Probably will reach 40 million by 2018 holidays
Meanwhile, ps4 might be at 85 to 90 and switch at 25 to 30s

Switch gonna outsell Xbox One pretty sure it is just a matter of time.