By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Looks Amazing! Could it be GOTY?

Psintendo said:
Right now its Zelda for me.
Zelda and Splatoon are so different that it kills me to compare them. Mario Odyssey may be great, but I rarely like 3D mario games more than Zeldas and the first splatoon was amazing, so either zelda or splatoon will most likely be my GOTY, I don´t believe anything else can bring me more gaming fun. Horizon was great, but not Zelda great, so thats off the list for me.

Crazy how many huge Nintendo games are coming to Switch in its first year!

What happens when Ninty barely released anything for the wii u.....like the PS4 this year, lots of games yet slightly weak years before 

Preston Scott

Around the Network

Zelda will most likely win that despite Splatoon 2 looking very good.

It's an AMA-ZING year for games. So much we can't even tell anymore which one will contend for GOTY

For most critics, GOTY will probably be with Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey. Splatoon 2 may be even better then the original but unless it completely stomps the original and builds a Overwatch style following (or at least a bigger one compared to what it already has) I don't see it beating those other games.

Extremely doubtful. Games like that simply don't get GotY, outside of a small handful of little known sites. Zelda has already overshadowed any chance of any other Nintendo title getting noticed for GotY, even Mario.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Extremely doubtful. Games like that simply don't get GotY, outside of a small handful of little known sites. Zelda has already overshadowed any chance of any other Nintendo title getting noticed for GotY, even Mario.

I'm not sure. Mario is more famous than Zelda, and honestly has a chance to beat it. 

Either way, it will be platformer of the year. Won't even be a contest

DialgaMarine said:

Ehhh, highly doubt that. 
Super Mario Odyssey is looking like the best 3D Mario game ever made, the more and more we see it. Zelda is not as much of a sure thing as you might think.
Nintendo wins either way, so it doesn't make a difference to them.