By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Looks Amazing! Could it be GOTY?

As we had Breath of The Wild, Persona 4 and Horizon Zero Down and we will have Mario Odyssey... I think it will hardly be GOTY ......BUT.... it will surely be one of the best games this year and probably the best multiplayer experience.
The original game still is a blast to play online. It never gets old and with the possibility of spectating the matches, new weapons and habilities, the second game will be much better.
I love the art style and the music seems great, too.
I just wanted it to have more battle modes.... maybe in future updates, who knows ?

Around the Network
Aquietguy said:

What I disliked the mist:
No Ink Strike.

But Tentamissles and Ink Rain are basically superior variations of it.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Zelda
Splatoon 2
Mario

In 1 fucking year!
Nintendo you outdone yourselves!

I can see it winning some best shooters of the year.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Right now its Zelda for me.
Zelda and Splatoon are so different that it kills me to compare them. Mario Odyssey may be great, but I rarely like 3D mario games more than Zeldas and the first splatoon was amazing, so either zelda or splatoon will most likely be my GOTY, I don´t believe anything else can bring me more gaming fun. Horizon was great, but not Zelda great, so thats off the list for me.

Crazy how many huge Nintendo games are coming to Switch in its first year!

I don't think it really has a shot at winning the grand prize, but I think it will either win best multiplayer or best shooter most likely.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Can't wait to see the next Nintendo first party game released get a "GOTY?" thread.

Hardly GOTY with all the games that are still coming out, I mean it will have to beat BOTW and Mario Odyssey, not saying it doesn't look fcking AWESOME 'cause it does but Prolly top 5 -10. :)

Persona 5 already stole GOTY for me, and Nintendo already beat themselves with Zelda and Mario.

I don't doubt it will be an amazing game tho.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It could be Japan's GOTY..But then their is DQ...Oh well it will be GOTY in charms...

Multiplayer Game of the Year, I think it's most likely.
It looks like it's much improved over the 1st one, which is what is expected from a sequel, but Game of the Year, overall?
It's got VERY tough competition, and I just can't see myself putting it above Breath of the Wild, Persona 5, or Super Mario Odyssey.

#TeamIceCream
#TeamMarina