By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 Looks Amazing! Could it be GOTY?

The first Splatoon is my GOTY 2015 and my Game of the Generation and from the direct Splatoon 2 looks to be a lot better with a more compelling single player story, new characters, new ways to customize your character. There are lots of new maps, weapons, and abilities. They added a new salmon run game mode that looks really fun. I also liked how there are now ranks per game mode and how you can check you opponents load out of weapons and abilities so if you liked how they played you can get that load out and try it out. So many new things. It's so exciting. I'll definitely get this game when I get my Switch so Zelda Botw will have to wait. I have a strong feeling it will be my GOTY.

Around the Network

I'm very pleased it makes you that happy! Splatoon 2 has this very charming appeal, I hope critics follow along.

I'm stoked for it, really.

Critically they'll probably give it to Zelda. I don't think it will beat Persona 5 either.

My personal choice will likely be Horizon though.

I can safely say it'll be my game of the year!

-Lonely_Dolphin

I'm sure it'll be some people's personal GOTY. It'll be top5 for me, for sure. And it'll be reviewed better, because there's already way more content than when Splat1 released.

Around the Network

My GOTY.

Maybe if Zelda and Mario didn't exist. But Zelda is arguably the greatest game of all time.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

It's definitely looking to be a top contender to take my GOTY it's looking to be so much fun closer we get to release but there could well be other contenders towards the end of the year also.

Splatoon was one of my favorite games of all time, it was easily my 2015 GOTY. However, Breath of the Wild was even better, so I don't know yet if Splatoon 2 will be my GOTY or not.

Nope.