By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you want in the future?

Switch Ultra HD 168 47.19%

Switch home console only, more powerful 40 11.24%

Dumbed down Switch mobile only 25 7.02%

Something brand new and i... 123 34.55%

Total:356

I honestly think Nintendo has found their PlayStation here. (At the expense of pissing off all those people who want them to go 3rd party.)
Meaning they've found their system that has great potential to have long-lasting appeal that can span multiple decades.
Just take what they have with the Switch and make it better and more advanced.
So, what's next after Switch?
Switch 2, Switch 3, Switch 4, etc.

Around the Network
numberwang said:
Dulfite said:

I really doubt they will do VR because they are family focused and VR is very "sit in a dark corner for 12 hours a day by yourself" mentality lol

VR will improve quite a lot in the next decade, at some point the devices will look like sunglasses closer to the AR concept of Microsoft.

I might sound conservative, but I don't want VR to be the next step for gaming. I kinda would like it to be instead a complimentary device that adds value to a gamer's ecosystem. Exactly like motion controls (and thank god it didn't become mandatory after the Wii).

guiduc said:
numberwang said:

VR will improve quite a lot in the next decade, at some point the devices will look like sunglasses closer to the AR concept of Microsoft.

I might sound conservative, but I don't want VR to be the next step for gaming. I kinda would like it to be instead a complimentary device that adds value to a gamer's ecosystem. Exactly like motion controls (and thank god it didn't become mandatory after the Wii).

These concepts do not have to be exclusive, the same way that PS-VR did not remove standard PS gaming. It would be just another way at playing the game. One would still have to figure out new controls but Nintendo is innovative in that field.

numberwang said:
guiduc said:

These concepts do not have to be exclusive, the same way that PS-VR did not remove standard PS gaming. It would be just another way at playing the game. One would still have to figure out new controls but Nintendo is innovative in that field.

Nintendo would definitely invest in VR once it explodes in popularity.

The Switch is the first console that actually motivates me to be excited for third party/indie games on a Nintendo system. At this point when it comes to indie games (and hopefully 3rd party titles soon), my mindset is that "I could buy this on Steam, but I should really just wait until it comes out on Switch to play it wherever." Playing it anywhere alone makes me just hope they stick with this formula and keeps improving the specs every 4 or 5 years with an updated Switch. Then again I'm a huge sucker for Nintendo, so congrats for winning me over again.

nice

Around the Network

I don't think we'll see much more hardware out of them, other than revisions to the Switch, which possibly become more powerful as time goes on.

Switch Gameboy 3DS Advance XL :) (?

The only thing I want right now is a Switch handheld only as a truly suscesor to the 3DS :)

Virtual Reality. Not as an add-on but as the foundation. Probably run their VR console as a new home console while Switch is their portable console. That would be ideal. And since Switch seems to be a selling concept, eventually release, like 3DS to DS, an advanced console. That way if VR fails, they still have a traditional, "home console" in their portable line to fall back on.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Dulfite said:
numberwang said:

The concept of a powerful handheld with TV boost mode will be continued as hardware is getting better and cheaper. I expect a Switch 2 in some years (back compatible) which will perfect that concept.

However, at some point there is no sense in putting more hardware power in a handheld bc of the limited screen size (no 4K needed). Then we will see new hardware concepts, maybe virtual reality.

I really doubt they will do VR because they are family focused and VR is very "sit in a dark corner for 12 hours a day by yourself" mentality lol

Theyve confirmed multiple times that they're working on VR.

spemanig said:
Dulfite said:

Theyve confirmed multiple times that they're working on VR.

They did?