What do you want in the future?

Switch Ultra HD 168 47.19%

Switch home console only, more powerful 40 11.24%

Dumbed down Switch mobile only 25 7.02%

Something brand new and i... 123 34.55%

Total:356
VGPolyglot said:
spemanig said:

Theyve confirmed multiple times that they're working on VR.

They did?

Yes - Reggie did in a recent interview too.

Around the Network

Unless they manage to make something even more convenient, keep with switch.
The future should be in Increasing the number of switch options

Particularly, I see a switch version with a 1080 screen and with VR in few years. (vr as the new switch option)

VGPolyglot said:
spemanig said:

They did?

i dont think they flat out stated, "we are going to release a VR device"

it was more along the lines of, "VR is something we are researching and looking into"

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I completely agree, all Nintendo games on a single system, ain't nothing better than that!

-Lonely_Dolphin

more powerful switch plus supplementary unit dock i their future.

So when they can build a full 1080p portable with a small enough fat enough port to run the supplementary unit.

i.e. it may be the switch 2 iteration not the mid gen upgrade.

Around the Network
numberwang said:
Dulfite said:

I really doubt they will do VR because they are family focused and VR is very "sit in a dark corner for 12 hours a day by yourself" mentality lol

VR will improve quite a lot in the next decade, at some point the devices will look like sunglasses closer to the AR concept of Microsoft.

So then people will be walking around in streets not looking where they are going while they play?

PAOerfulone said:

I honestly think Nintendo has found their PlayStation here. (At the expense of pissing off all those people who want them to go 3rd party.)
Meaning they've found their system that has great potential to have long-lasting appeal that can span multiple decades.
Just take what they have with the Switch and make it better and more advanced.
So, what's next after Switch?
Switch 2, Switch 3, Switch 4, etc.

Yep, this was my exact thoughts too! 

VGPolyglot said:
I don't think we'll see much more hardware out of them, other than revisions to the Switch, which possibly become more powerful as time goes on.

What, you think NIntendo will exit hardware? I see a lot more hardware out of them, for decades to come as I and someone else said, this is probably Nintendo's "playstation" where they just build on this and sells hundreds of millions of it for the next 15 years.

spemanig said:
Dulfite said:

I really doubt they will do VR because they are family focused and VR is very "sit in a dark corner for 12 hours a day by yourself" mentality lol

I thought they just said they were looking into it, which they've been doing since the Virtual Boy bombed so that doesn't mean much. If they actually said they're "working on VR" then I stand corrected.

jonathanalis said:
Unless they manage to make something even more convenient, keep with switch.
The future should be in Increasing the number of switch options

Particularly, I see a switch version with a 1080 screen and with VR in few years. (vr as the new switch option)

What if they just skip to a 4k screen and shock everyone? lol