By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What do you want in the future?

Switch Ultra HD 168 47.19%

Switch home console only, more powerful 40 11.24%

Dumbed down Switch mobile only 25 7.02%

Something brand new and i... 123 34.55%

Total:356

I want a Switch TV, dont care about portability, just wanna play Mario Odyssey jaggy-less in the purest pixels possible.

As for the next step for Nintendo? Go make tablets and phones with magnetic joycons to compete with Android and iOS. (never gonna happen with Nintendo's archaic online mentality)

I also think Sony will have a digital only/new Sony cart format PS5 Portable sometime in the 20s. They'll figure out how to scale games to a lower res handheld while keeping the graphics performance and decent battery. Like going from a 4K(native/checkerboard) 24-32GB console, to a 1080p/1440p 16GB ram handheld.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
I want a Switch TV, dont care about portability, just wanna play Mario Odyssey jaggy-less in the purest pixels possible.

This.

Switch TV.
Ditch the Dock, Ditch the Screen, Ditch the Joycons, Ditch the Battery... Sell it at a fraction of the cost. And I will buy it day 1.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

The switch is perfect for updates and longevity. Imean switch 2 with 2080p screen would be enough for vr just place the rails in headsets for vr. Take them out into the dock for TV and gotta go let's take the switch with. The new iterations get more powerful steadily with much better joycons after each iteration and finally a 1080p switch with 4k on the big screen. New accessories and ideas could be achieved with the rail system.just continue to make awesome games get those third parties back. But we do need something to move forward. The power era should end with 4k. Why would you want or need 8k or 6k or 16k or something. I don't want a lull in the industry some innovations are required about 7-10 years from now. Perhaps they continue to get more powerful and we get games like Glory from Quan shi ghao Zhou. Or one iteration sticks with like a switch or PS that does not have cycles but rather continues to sell for even 20 years

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Dulfite said:
numberwang said:

VR will improve quite a lot in the next decade, at some point the devices will look like sunglasses closer to the AR concept of Microsoft.

So then people will be walking around in streets not looking where they are going while they play?

That's called Pokemon Go.

Pemalite said:
Turkish said:

This.

Switch TV.
Ditch the Dock, Ditch the Screen, Ditch the Joycons, Ditch the Battery... Sell it at a fraction of the cost. And I will buy it day 1.

Me too.  Is the switch backwards compatibility with the 3ds?  If not, add that too.

Around the Network

I would like to see them expand on what they have created with the Switch, as many have already stated. While not as powerful as the PS4 or X1, it is unique enough to own alongside those systems for core gamers. They have found a place in the market that they can potentially set their roots and stay competitive in.

Expand on features, keep releasing great games, and make the Switch 2, 3, 4 etc as powerful as possible for its time without needing to jack the price up.

I feel that with this model, 3DS style games will soon find their new home on the Switch as well. This will lead to a steady flow of quality software with even halfway decent 3rd party support.

I truly believe that this is Nintendo's best course for the future.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Mnementh said:
Baddman said:

@bolded you and me both lol I was more comfortable sharing stuff on miiverse..i rarely post on fb as is.

Agreed. I go even back to WiiU to communicate via  Miiverse to some friends I added from WiiU. And I miss sharing screenshots in the MIiverse environment or asking questions if stuck in a game at some point. It felt ecure doing that in miiverse, because the others were all gamers, I surely will not do that on Twitter or Facebook.

Sometimes Nintendo does very Japanese things. In Japan, everyone plays games, so it's not wierd to walk around with your Switch/3ds or upload things to your real life social media. In the US people just don't do that, gamers are still nervous about publically proclaiming they are gamers lol.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Pemalite said:

This.

Switch TV.

Me too.  Is the switch backwards compatibility with the 3ds?  If not, add that too.

I love the portability of it though. If we do the Switch TV then it's just like the ps4 and xbox one, still with bad 3rd party support and still probably not as advanced as the ps and xbox line.

Dulfite said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

I love the portability of it though. If we do the Switch TV then it's just like the ps4 and xbox one, still with bad 3rd party support and still probably not as advanced as the ps and xbox line.

You would still be able to buy the portable version? You literally loose nothing. Nothing at all. Zilch. Nada. Zero.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

none of the above.

The main flaw in the switch is battery life.

I want super battery switch. I am making the assumption it will be more powerful.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut