What do you want in the future?

Switch Ultra HD 168 47.19%

Switch home console only, more powerful 40 11.24%

Dumbed down Switch mobile only 25 7.02%

Something brand new and i... 123 34.55%

Total:356
Pemalite said:
Dulfite said:

I love the portability of it though. If we do the Switch TV then it's just like the ps4 and xbox one, still with bad 3rd party support and still probably not as advanced as the ps and xbox line.

You would still be able to buy the portable version? You literally loose nothing. Nothing at all. Zilch. Nada. Zero.

Well the point of this thread isn't about Switch one revisions, but rather what we want out of hypothetical "switch 2" and so, based on that, I was assuming your suggestion for Switch 2 was to have it be tv only, which would be super lame.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Pemalite said:

You would still be able to buy the portable version? You literally loose nothing. Nothing at all. Zilch. Nada. Zero.

Well the point of this thread isn't about Switch one revisions, but rather what we want out of hypothetical "switch 2" and so, based on that, I was assuming your suggestion for Switch 2 was to have it be tv only, which would be super lame.

Doesn't matter if it was the Switch 1 or Switch 2. There should be a "TV" derivative of the handheld.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Dulfite said:

Doesn't matter if it was the Switch 1 or Switch 2. There should be a "TV" derivative of the handheld.

yep, increase the number of form factors to appeal to the individual markets.

a smaller, cheaper version with a better battery life for handheld gamers and a home only microconsole for console gamers should release in the next few years.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

i really don't see the point of a home only version of the switch. The Switch can already be played as a console, so why would they then spend money to make a new version of the switch that does less than the original while removing the main selling point of the switch?? They'd have to spend money designing and producing this non-switch and on marketing and figure out how many non-switches to produce which would take away from the production of switches. That just doesn't make any sense. Especially since it would not sell very much at all. A home-only version of the Switch is just power-boosted dock, which would be cool if people who want a home only system could buy a power upgraded dock that could provide upgrade framerate and resolution on all games. But again, while cool, that's not really needed. You already have your home version of the Switch, its called the Switch.

zorg1000 said:
Pemalite said:

yep, increase the number of form factors to appeal to the individual markets.

a smaller, cheaper version with a better battery life for handheld gamers and a home only microconsole for console gamers should release in the next few years.

I'm not disagreeing with that. But I'm more concerned with what Switch 2 will be like than I am with form factors of a device I already own (I regret buying the New 3ds XL over my old 3ds; sure its better, but it simply wasn't worth it for how old the system was when that came out and how little new games came out after it). I already own a Switch and I love the ability to be portable and home console, so I would have no reason to buy tv only or mobile only device. Unless they announce something in the next year, I doubt most people will wait out and hope for one of those two rather than just buying the Switch now, but I could be wrong and there are always double dippers.

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
i really don't see the point of a home only version of the switch. The Switch can already be played as a console, so why would they then spend money to make a new version of the switch that does less than the original while removing the main selling point of the switch?? They'd have to spend money designing and producing this non-switch and on marketing and figure out how many non-switches to produce which would take away from the production of switches. That just doesn't make any sense. Especially since it would not sell very much at all. A home-only version of the Switch is just power-boosted dock, which would be cool if people who want a home only system could buy a power upgraded dock that could provide upgrade framerate and resolution on all games. But again, while cool, that's not really needed. You already have your home version of the Switch, its called the Switch.

Yea and the name would be stupid at that point. Switch? Switch from what? It's always one thing, so it's not switching. It would be dumber than them calling it the 3ds despite that the future of that line was the 2ds and New 2ds XL lol

We are going to see the usual suspects with Switch that we would see with the DS and GBA line, but much much more useful.  There will likely be a smaller versions, a version with a full screen taking away the bezel with 1080p resolution undocked (the new default), a NEW Switch like the NEW 3ds line where the processor is better and the system capable of better games. 

We may also see other upgrade processes like different controller attachments or just and upgraded body, selling for less money then a whole system.  We will see the dock go down in price and other dock options as well.  The next console gen for Nintendo may begin a cycle of upgrading "components" rather than upgrading the whole setup.  That is until their new industry position is contested strongly or in a chance of decline, in which case we will see something drastically different.

Slownenberg said:
i really don't see the point of a home only version of the switch. The Switch can already be played as a console, so why would they then spend money to make a new version of the switch that does less than the original while removing the main selling point of the switch??

Because there is hundreds of dollars of unnecessary expense for those that won't use any of the extra features.
Cut off all the fat, sell it at a fraction of the cost... Expands the Switch platforms potential audience and makes it more appealing to low-income earners/2nd/3rd world countries/parents buying for kids. etc'.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Slownenberg said:
i really don't see the point of a home only version of the switch. The Switch can already be played as a console, so why would they then spend money to make a new version of the switch that does less than the original while removing the main selling point of the switch??

Because there is hundreds of dollars of unnecessary expense for those that won't use any of the extra features.
Cut off all the fat, sell it at a fraction of the cost... Expands the Switch platforms potential audience and makes it more appealing to low-income earners/2nd/3rd world countries/parents buying for kids. etc'.

Didn't this basically happen with PSVita?

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Slownenberg said:

Yeah I agree tbh the already is a home version you just leave it in the dock.