By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 2 file size is reportedly only 3.1GB !

Now the question is, did they leave some of the dlc on disc like last time, or are they gonna avoid datamining this time? The later would mean the size of the free dlc will be bigger, but the final size of the game will probably still be less than 10GBs.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Does Nintendo actually hire wizard ?

No, the tech and design of their games often just lends itself to small file sizes. They also have a direct financial incentive to keep their games small (limited internal memory on the Switch and WiiU, and expensive data costs for Switch cartridges), so are a lot more aggressive with compression than the average developer.

Nice, though a newer Switch model still needs more storage space :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Dr.Vita said:

Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games.

Out of all the books, literature, and every form of written words I have read over the past two decades of my life, these specific words have truly inspired me to become a better person in life.

I shall use the knowledge I gained from these tactfully chosen words to improve myself for the remaining time I have left on this planet, and try to inspire millions of people in the world with the invaluable knowledge I have acquired from this powerful set of words that have moved me in a way that mere paragraphs would fail to describe without underselling the power of such a moving statement.

Thank you.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ultrashroomz said:
Dr.Vita said:

Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games.

Out of all the books, literature, and every form of written words I have read over the past two decades of my life, these specific words have truly inspired me to become a better person in life.

I shall use the knowledge I gained from these tactfully chosen words to improve myself for the remaining time I have left on this planet, and try to inspire millions of people in the world with the invaluable knowledge I have acquired from this powerful set of words that have moved me in a way that mere paragraphs would fail to describe without underselling the power of such a moving statement.

Thank you.

Ultrashroomz said:

I mean it was aight I guess 

Tho it felt like watching the bad ending of a generic jrpg 

Out of all the japanese books, manga, literature, and every form of written kanji I have read over the past two decades of my life, these specific asinine words have truly inspired me to become a better person in life, to pursuit the ability to critique. 

I shall use the knowledge I gained from these poorly chosen words, which in a vain attempt at expressing the opinions of the writer only prove the pompous ignorance of said wordsmith, to improve myself for the remaining time I have left on this planet, so that I do not become entrapped in an inability to express any solemn thought in my head without comparing it to a vaguely defined video game genre with a propensity for poorly thought-out ideas and inappropriate content hailing from the land of the rising sun. And in doing so, I will try to inspire millions of people in the world to find their inner-voice, without having to compromise by comparing real world art with things that start with the letter 'F' and end with the word "Palace", with the invaluable knowledge I have acquired from this powerful set of words that has changed me in a way that mere paragraphs would fail to describe without underselling the power of such absurdity. 

Thank you.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Ultrashroomz said:

I mean it was aight I guess 

Tho it felt like watching the bad ending of a generic jrpg 

Out of all the japanese books, manga, literature, and every form of written kanji I have read over the past two decades of my life, these specific asinine words have truly inspired me to become a better person in life, to pursuit the ability to critique. 

I shall use the knowledge I gained from these poorly chosen words, which in a vain attempt at expressing the opinions of the writer only prove the pompous ignorance of said wordsmith, to improve myself for the remaining time I have left on this planet, so that I do not become entrapped in an inability to express any solemn thought in my head without comparing it to a vaguely defined video game genre with a propensity for poorly thought-out ideas and inappropriate content hailing from the land of the rising sun. And in doing so, I will try to inspire millions of people in the world to find their inner-voice, without having to compromise by comparing real world art with things that start with the letter 'F' and end with the word "Palace", with the invaluable knowledge I have acquired from this powerful set of words that has changed me in a way that mere paragraphs would fail to describe without underselling the power of such absurdity. 

Thank you.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."