By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Judging from footage shown in the Direct and the number of confirmed Kingdom, Mario Odyssey should have at least 600 Power Moons to collect

https://gonintendo.com/stories/290191-super-mario-odyssey-has-at-least-600-power-moons

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Judging from footage shown in the Direct and the number of confirmed Kingdom, Mario Odyssey should have at least 600 Power Moons to collect

https://gonintendo.com/stories/290191-super-mario-odyssey-has-at-least-600-power-moons

I guess this means we can finally say goodbye to getting kicked out of a world after collecting something important.

Yep, it's been confirmed since E3 that collecting a power moon doesn't kick you out of the world. It's more like Banjo Kazooie where you collect a Jiggy then keep playing.

Hello!

I'm now fully part of the Dominion. Bought it to gear up for Fire Emblem Warriors (my import copy should arrive in 2 weeks)

I was suprised by how tiny the screen was (but it's very cute like that)

I have no games yet though. Will try Octopath demo when I have time.

Some thoughts after a couple of hours of tuning

+ Share feature is extremely good, I was pleasantly surprised

+ layout is clear and user-friendly, including e-shop

+ superb design

- doesn't find my wifi network (had to connect via the phone)

- touchscreen much less performant than Vita's

As a general impression, I think UI needs so refining ASAP : more icons, themes, apps, etc. It's obvious these will come in the future, but I'm surprised Nintendo hasn't shared any info on UI evolution during the direct. And trophies, it urgently needs trophies.

I'll be back for my first impressions on FE Warriors. Meanwhile, I'll still be on Great Ace Attorney 2

Have a nice week-end =)

RolStoppable said:
Very disappointing that the Xenoblade 2-themed Switch Pro Controller uses a color based on Pyra. We get another shade of pink after the Splatoon 2 controller was already green and pink. I'd like to have a second Pro Controller, but not a black one. Nintendo should put out a Super Mario Odyssey version that uses red for the body and blue for the handles. Or a black and blue Fire Emblem Warriors Pro Controller.

In another rant, I had to redeem yet another MyNintendo reward because just like last month I had expiring gold coins. I picked Runner 2 for 100 gold coins (free game). Nintendo really needs to improve the number of rewards. Smart indie developers should approach Nintendo and demand their games to get discounts with gold coins. That could increase the number of available rewards quickly and developers would benefit from additional exposure and sales. If Runner 2 and Art of Balance can be available for free, then surely discounts can't be hard to do.

Nintendo should improve the MyNintendo service in general. I've lost more than a thousand silver coins simply because there is nothing to do with them. he best thing was the Picross games, and even those are very short.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Random weapons at Slamon Run!!! Shit getting interesting!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Well played the Octopath demo - both paths - and I'm sold. Writing is good, voice acting is thankfully a huge step up from Bravely, and the tone is far more serious and less self-aware silliness. I'm really looking forward to this one and can see why it was given a spotlight during the direct. Xenoblade, Octopath, Dragon Quest, Lost Sphear, Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, the Switch is getting a nice selection of JRPGs of a variety of styles. Hopefully some games like Fallout 4 and Dragon Age (1 and 3, please, you can keep 2 EA :P) and other WRPGs join the lineup. Perhaps Witcher 3 isn't out of the question. I mean, I'm ready to believe almost anything now that Doom and Wilfenstein 2 are coming :P.

Also, hopefully that Final Fantasy tease comes to fruition with something good, be it FFXV, the HD remakes of X/X2 or XII, FFXIV:ARR, or something.

Nuvendil said:

Well played the Octopath demo - both paths - and I'm sold. Writing is good, voice acting is thankfully a huge step up from Bravely, and the tone is far more serious and less self-aware silliness. I'm really looking forward to this one and can see why it was given a spotlight during the direct. Xenoblade, Octopath, Dragon Quest, Lost Sphear, Shin Megami Tensei, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, the Switch is getting a nice selection of JRPGs of a variety of styles. Hopefully some games like Fallout 4 and Dragon Age (1 and 3, please, you can keep 2 EA :P) and other WRPGs join the lineup. Perhaps Witcher 3 isn't out of the question. I mean, I'm ready to believe almost anything now that Doom and Wilfenstein 2 are coming :P.

Also, hopefully that Final Fantasy tease comes to fruition with something good, be it FFXV, the HD remakes of X/X2 or XII, FFXIV:ARR, or something.

I like the combat too, but I don't find the serious tone that entertaining. They are all the classic fantasy cliches so seriously (at leeast in the Knight story, I haven't played the Dancer part yet), a bit of levity wouldn't hurt them.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Did anyone play I and Me on Switch? Is it good?

Darwinianevolution said:
Nuvendil said:

I like the combat too, but I don't find the serious tone that entertaining. They are all the classic fantasy cliches so seriously (at leeast in the Knight story, I haven't played the Dancer part yet), a bit of levity wouldn't hurt them.

The knight story is more vanilla but at least well done.  The dancer story is just...dang...

Nuvendil said:
Darwinianevolution said:

The knight story is more vanilla but at least well done.  The dancer story is just...dang...

I know, right? XD. I started the dancer part thinking that the game would have a Bravely Default tone and atmosphere, but that was a lot darker than I could possibly anticipate. I guess that the game might be about revenge though, it was a common theme. The demo sold me the game tbh, it was way more interesting than the games SE has released lately (except for DQXI). I beat FFXV and it was pretty weak in the end imho.