By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

I wonder how high is Nintendo willing to go with the Switch 2's price, hopefully $399 at the highest.

I'm bracing myself for $500 USD at this point, given the cost of pretty much everything is rising and the Switch's success will have made them bold.

From what I recall, many ppl back in 2017 was saying NSW price reveal of $300 would leave it DOA. (So, to put it lightly, I think Nintendo is bold not necessarily b/c NSW saw incredible success, but b/c that’s just the way they’ve always been.)

That being said, I don’t expect a very cheap price point. Certainly nothing anywhere near $700, though I could absolutely see $500.

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros Wonder Switch OLED bundle announced for AU/NZ:

https://www.gonintendo.com/contents/40248-nintendo-switch-oled-super-mario-bros-wonder-bundle-announced-for-australia-and-nz

About time Nintendo started doing some better bundles. Hopefully this comes to other regions this holiday.

Last edited by curl-6 - 5 days ago

I'm guessing the pricing will be $400 for the first SKU and $450 for the second SKU.

I wonder what the actual differences are if any aside from storage space and bundled software.

BasilZero said:

I'm guessing the pricing will be $400 for the first SKU and $450 for the second SKU.

I wonder what the actual differences are if any aside from storage space and bundled software.

Why do you think there will be two SKUs?

KLXVER said:

Because the rumors about the next Nintendo system state that.

Also the leaker for the PS5 Pro mentioned it.

https://bgr.com/entertainment/nintendo-will-announce-the-400-switch-2-in-october-new-leak-claims/

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-2-september-release-two-models/

^ dont mind the September 24th date in the 2nd article, thats actually the date of the supposed Nintendo event where they will reveal the next Nintendo system.

Edit: Sep 24th might not be the date but the week of the 24th seems reasonable since TGS and other events are occurring. (The reason why I dont think its Sep 24 is because the State of Play is expected to be on the 24th for Playstation). The same rumor above states early next month so who knows.

Grain of Salt obviously but some of these rumors actually became true.

There's another rumor from August but sounds pretty stupid on the name of the next nintendo system along with a few other things.

Last edited by BasilZero - 4 days ago

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
KLXVER said:

Because the rumors about the next Nintendo system state that.

Also the leaker for the PS5 Pro mentioned it.

https://bgr.com/entertainment/nintendo-will-announce-the-400-switch-2-in-october-new-leak-claims/

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-2-september-release-two-models/

^ dont mind the September 24th date in the 2nd article, thats actually the date of the supposed Nintendo event where they will reveal the next Nintendo system.

Edit: Sep 24th might not be the date but the week of the 24th seems reasonable since TGS and other events are occurring. (The reason why I dont think its Sep 24 is because the State of Play is expected to be on the 24th for Playstation). The same rumor above states early next month so who knows.

Grain of Salt obviously but some of these rumors actually became true.

There's another rumor from August but sounds pretty stupid on the name of the next nintendo system along with a few other things.

Like I said to the person who previously mentioned that exact rumor, it's doubtful at best. The discord thread being mentioned has no relation to any Switch 2 speculation and the guy seemed like he got a date and price out of speculating luck for the PS5 Pro.

Not only, but the prediction in itself isn't in anyway too difficult to make up when practically everyone has been speculating about the 400$ pricepoint and a reveal in September/Early October has been in the cards from other speculators since the end of August.

The 2 SKUs part is interesting however ... Until you release the Switch had two of those on release. The JoyCon's color was the only difference however.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Btb, I just finished the main story of Emio The Smiling Man earlier and .... It certainly delivered on the expectations that Sakamoto had for the ending considering it did leave me floored for a moment.

I understand the reasoning why it might not land for everyone however. Thankfully, the game seems to have an epilogue which give answers to a lot of the background elements.

Weirdly enough, I think I jammed better with the ending of the Missing Heir overall because it felt more clear cut in it's execution.Though, climax wise, Emio was sheer insanity(of the best kind).

Nonetheless, if Sakamoto ever has another story to tell with the FDC franchise, I'll be there again for sure.

Would be funny if he would wanna tell a story about UFO's, cryptids or "aliens" next. 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

BasilZero said:

Keep in mind that the Switch also launched with two SKUs. One with Gray Joycons and one with Red and Blue. A separate SKU can be something as simple as that. 

45 hours into Bravely Default 2

Loving the game so far until now....forcing me to do a card game mini game just to get one of the asterisks (jobs) - which btw is required to get the "True" ending in the game.

At first I didnt like the game but got used to it but still, pretty stupid to put the job in a card game.

My only question atm is how reliable this leaker is? The one who posted on Famiboards? If what’s being said here is true, then there will be a NSW2 reveal within the next two or three weeks.