By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Nintendo just politely gave the bird to generative AI and I'm glad they did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgNdowDj_VE&ab_channel=GameXplain

Generative AI basically steals from real artists by taking images found online and using them to make new ones. Instagram started going all in on that bullshit which is why I took my art down from Instagram and so did other artists I know. It's a breath of fresh air that Nintendo is standing against soulless AI "art".

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Yeah it feels damn good to be getting so many cool games still this late in the Switch's life.

Much as I loved systems like the Wii, the lack of games in their final 12 months or so always stung, so its so nice that we don't have to deal with that any more. Nintendo's decision to unify their development behind a single platform is paying dividends, and I'm here for it.

Once again, the came around was really foreseeable when we got near the lastest Direct. Otherwise, not having any kind of talks for a successor until a later would've made less sense. 

The good about the lastest software showcase is that it also renewed my envy to play games on my Switch because they are obviously still focused on what's current and the near future for it.

Sure, they're also clearly focused on the sucessor and it's line-up but it's nice to know they don't have to handicap the current console to continue a smooth production process on their software. There's a clear difference between juggling 3/4 different systems at any given time against 1 or 2 at most.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Finished LM2 this weekend. Quite good. The first is still my favorite. I prefer the open mansion design, though the mission structure was better than I expected.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:

Finished LM2 this weekend. Quite good. The first is still my favorite. I prefer the open mansion design, though the mission structure was better than I expected.

The open mansion design is why I preferred the third game.

I still find it amusing that Nintendo is pulling a Naughty Dog when it comes to the last 2 Donkey Kong Country games

Elaboration:
The Last of Us Part I (2013)
The Last of Us Part I Remastered (2014)
The Last of Us Part II (2020)
The Last of Us Part I Remake (2022)
The Last of Us Part II Remastered (2024)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Switch port (2018)
Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (2025)

Like, does Nintendo really have no other ideas on what to do with Donkey Kong or something???? I'm really hoping that they have a brand new DK game getting lined up for both the launch of the Switch 2 and the launch of the Donkey Kong expansion at Super Nintendo World.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Chrkeller said:

3 is the best overall with the best gameplay and a lot of single-player content plus it has a multiplayer mode and co-op.

1 still has the best vibes with the portrait ghosts (though there are similar ghosts in 3) and the darkest (dim, that is) mansion. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

3 is the best overall with the best gameplay and a lot of single-player content plus it has a multiplayer mode and co-op.

1 still has the best vibes with the portrait ghosts (though there are similar ghosts in 3) and the darkest (dim, that is) mansion. 

LM3 is a superb coop game.  The entire series is wonderful.  LM4 on the switch 2 should look stunning from a lighting perspective.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

G2ThaUNiT said:

I still find it amusing that Nintendo is pulling a Naughty Dog when it comes to the last 2 Donkey Kong Country games

Elaboration:
The Last of Us Part I (2013)
The Last of Us Part I Remastered (2014)
The Last of Us Part II (2020)
The Last of Us Part I Remake (2022)
The Last of Us Part II Remastered (2024)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Switch port (2018)
Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (2025)

Like, does Nintendo really have no other ideas on what to do with Donkey Kong or something???? I'm really hoping that they have a brand new DK game getting lined up for both the launch of the Switch 2 and the launch of the Donkey Kong expansion at Super Nintendo World.

^This, except DKC Returns and Tropical Freeze were better than NaughtyDog's needlessly depressing interactive movies.

Chrkeller said:
Wman1996 said:

LM3 is a superb coop game.  The entire series is wonderful.  LM4 on the switch 2 should look stunning from a lighting perspective.

But will we have King Boo as the villain yet again? Or will there be a crazy twist where he's usurped by an even scarier villain so he teams up with Luigi to get payback? The latter could lead to fun new gameplay mechanics. :) 

We got numbers for the release of Paper Mario TTYD in May over the US.

It performed around the same as Princess Peach Showtime(physical only). 

This isn't too surprising considering it wasn't gonna match Mario RPG which released in November during the Holidays push.

So yeah, it's probably posting around 1.5M-2M worldwide on its first fiscal quarter I believe 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

We got numbers for the release of Paper Mario TTYD in May over the US.

It performed around the same as Princess Peach Showtime(physical only). 

This isn't too surprising considering it wasn't gonna match Mario RPG which released in November during the Holidays push.

So yeah, it's probably posting around 1.5M-2M worldwide on its first fiscal quarter I believe 

I was hoping for a "Hail Mary" first week to hit around 2 million and already surpass the original. I know that was a tall order. Still, outselling the original in about a month to month and a half would be an amazing feat regardless. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima