By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The gameplay video for Bayonetta 3 was more interesting than the Direct itself. The demon summoning mechanic looks to be a great addition to the combat.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure I've heard good things about the Front Mission games. But man, those remakes look ugly.
Octopath Traveler 2 looks awesome.
GoldenEye 007! Awesome! Too bad you can't buy it.
Pikmin 4! Yes!
Harvestella continues to look cool.
Kirby Return to Dreamland Deluxe is interesting. Never played the original.
Finally a title and release date for the new Zelda game. Nice.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Remember earlier this year, someone on Twitter datamined the number of N64 games was 38, and you could kinda partially fill out aspects of the list? I wonder how that list is going now and if we can fill out other parts of what may be coming. As of right now, there's 28 known games. So we still have 10 more to be announced.

Here's my list of what I hope ends up making it in!

DK64
Super Smash Bros
Ogre Battle 64
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Tooie
Perfect Dark

Here's an updated list of "most likely"

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 13 September 2022

gtotheunit91 said:

I would say developers are starting to get too comfortable with Cloud versions of their games, but considering the games that release a Cloud version for Switch are all much newer games, minus Kingdom Hearts, I'm wondering if it's more we're just seeing the limited and aging hardware of the Switch reach its limits.

I think with the right porting studio at least RE7 could be brought natively to the Switch.

Mar1217 said:

Bruh, I was not expecting such a quality Direct. Once again, the first quarter/half of the year will be stacked for Nintendo.

Also Return to Dreamland was one of the rare mainline games I hadn't played so it goes to say I'm hyped ! Now ... If only it's release date wasn't on the same day as Octopath Traveler 2 !! What a stunner for pixel art games !

It's a solid game. It's similar in style to Star Allies, but it's designed more as a single player game. So, unless you gather up a possie, you're not going to have 4 characters on the screen at a time making the game stupidly easy, even for Kirby. There are also some segments that strip Kirby of his powers, which are a fun change of pace. There are also Ultra Powers, which are predecessors to the Mech segments in Robobot and the Hypernove parts in Triple Deluxe. Although, to my memory, they're not quite as good because the puzzles are pretty basic. I think of Return, Triple Deluxe, and Robobot as a trilogy which got progressively better. This is the weakest of the bunch, but I still think if you enjoyed those you'll have fun with it, and appreciate how it laid the foundation.

Personally, having that game, I'm not sure I'll double dip. I don't really like the new art style as much as the original, so unless they're adding more than 1 new ability and some minigames, I'll probably pass. The ability to have all players use Kirby is nice, but I don't see myself playing co-op often enough to make that worth it. Unless maybe it's 40 bucks or something. 60 dollars is just too steep for a remake/remaster. I think a collection of this and the two 3DS games would have been more appropriate.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I would say developers are starting to get too comfortable with Cloud versions of their games, but considering the games that release a Cloud version for Switch are all much newer games, minus Kingdom Hearts, I'm wondering if it's more we're just seeing the limited and aging hardware of the Switch reach its limits.

I think with the right porting studio at least RE7 could be brought natively to the Switch.

Definitely, it is less demanding than plenty of other games that have been brought to Switch like Witcher 3, Dying Light, Hellblade, Doom Eternal, World War Z, Zombie Army 4, etc.

A studio like QLOC or Saber or Feral could do it for sure.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 14 September 2022

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

It's a solid game. It's similar in style to Star Allies, but it's designed more as a single player game. So, unless you gather up a possie, you're not going to have 4 characters on the screen at a time making the game stupidly easy, even for Kirby. There are also some segments that strip Kirby of his powers, which are a fun change of pace. There are also Ultra Powers, which are predecessors to the Mech segments in Robobot and the Hypernove parts in Triple Deluxe. Although, to my memory, they're not quite as good because the puzzles are pretty basic. I think of Return, Triple Deluxe, and Robobot as a trilogy which got progressively better. This is the weakest of the bunch, but I still think if you enjoyed those you'll have fun with it, and appreciate how it laid the foundation.

Personally, having that game, I'm not sure I'll double dip. I don't really like the new art style as much as the original, so unless they're adding more than 1 new ability and some minigames, I'll probably pass. The ability to have all players use Kirby is nice, but I don't see myself playing co-op often enough to make that worth it. Unless maybe it's 40 bucks or something. 60 dollars is just too steep for a remake/remaster. I think a collection of this and the two 3DS games would have been more appropriate.

Oh don't worry, I saw a lot of footage and gameplay of the game before. I just never played it myself and well even with no big collection packaging, I think it's a fine entry point even with the asked price when you consider it wasn't much of a seller so most people will consider it as new + there might be other surprises for the Arenas and other modes who knows. 

Still, good way to celebrate the 30tg anniversary ! 

For those who haven't played it, sure. For those of us who have, it's a tough sell.

Mar1217 said:
JWeinCom said:

For those who haven't played it, sure. For those of us who have, it's a tough sell.

Definitely, kinda why I couldn't get myself to double dip on SM3DW or DK Tropical Freeze for example.

3D World and Mario Kart 8 are I think the only Wii U ports I've bought again. MK8 because it's a multiplayer thing and the scene would be dead on Wii U. 3D World because of Bowser's fury.

I really hate when Nintendo does things like Bowser's Fury or the new Xenoblade DE quest whose name escapes me, and doesn't make it available separately from the main game. Bowser's Fury was really fun, but it sucks that fans who already owned 3D World had to pay 60 bucks to play it. Really no reason it couldn't have been released as a standalone title. It feels like Nintendo is giving the finger to the fans that support them the most.

Hiku said:

When I saw Miyamoto, I jokingly said "When are you gonna show Pikmin 4 that you said was "near completion" in 2015?"

Pretty sure that game was actually Hey! Pikmin which came out on the 3DS in 2017.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Apparently Harvest Moon 64 is getting released in Japan on the Expansion Pack but is not coming to the US or Europe??? That's odd. I remember the game having a western release!