By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

No Master Chief or other Spartan character, so Dead or Alive 4 remains the greatest fighting game ever.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Fuck, I called Sora yesterday and my brother told me I should post it here but I was like "nah, no point just posting a pointless guess". Should've said something so I'd look all clever and shit now haha

Not that clever, it was 'leaked' on Twitter a few days ago. Everyone 'knew' it was Sora but assumed it was a fake leak so avoided predicting him. That's what happened to me. I put Sora as my #2 request, right after Geno, until the 'leak' and then I took him out of the running because he was too much of a weeaboo fanboy choice. 

But here we are and he looks awesome and I love him! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
curl-6 said:

Fuck, I called Sora yesterday and my brother told me I should post it here but I was like "nah, no point just posting a pointless guess". Should've said something so I'd look all clever and shit now haha

Not that clever, it was 'leaked' on Twitter a few days ago. Everyone 'knew' it was Sora but assumed it was a fake leak so avoided predicting him. That's what happened to me. I put Sora as my #2 request, right after Geno, until the 'leak' and then I took him out of the running because he was too much of a weeaboo fanboy choice. 

But here we are and he looks awesome and I love him! 

I actually didn't see that "leak", he just seemed to fit a lot of common criteria; sword fighter, Japanese character, from a big series, etc.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 October 2021

It seems Pokemon Legends Arceus won't be open world and will be more like Monster Hunter

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-legends-arceus-is-clearly-not-going-to-be-open-1847817836

Update, 10/8/2021, 6:00 p.m. ET: The Pokémon Company has sent Kotaku a statement confirming the Monster Hunter-esque structure of Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Jubilife Village will serve as the base for surveying missions. After receiving an assignment or a request and preparing for their next excursion, players will set out from the village to study one of the various open areas of the Hisui region. After they finish the survey work, players will need to return once more to prepare for their next task. We look forward to sharing more information about exploring the Hisui region soon.

Started playing Dread. And out of all the Metroid games I've played, this one is certainly the most recent.

So far, it's very Metroid. Been doing a great job of funneling you in the right direction while making it seem like you're not being guided at all, which is a difficult trick to pull off. I'm lukewarm on the Emmi, which so far inspire more annoyance than fear.

Overall, it's another Metroid game, which is great because Metroid games are really good. Nothing about it is blowing me away, but it's as good as prior entries.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Started playing Dread. And out of all the Metroid games I've played, this one is certainly the most recent.

So far, it's very Metroid. Been doing a great job of funneling you in the right direction while making it seem like you're not being guided at all, which is a difficult trick to pull off. I'm lukewarm on the Emmi, which so far inspire more annoyance than fear.

Overall, it's another Metroid game, which is great because Metroid games are really good. Nothing about it is blowing me away, but it's as good as prior entries.

Bold: I find that part particularly impressive.

Although I'm very impressed by the EMMI.

Kakadu18 said:
JWeinCom said:

Bold: I find that part particularly impressive.

Although I'm very impressed by the EMMI.

I've found EMMI has been a good feature in the game tbh as rather than have the usual enemies who you'll sweep aside or just ignore while passing through like in prior games it adds an actual threatening element that you have to respect it reminds me of REmake2's RPD section when Mr. X becomes active it really keeps players on their toes, Fusion had SA-X but she was more of a scripted element.

Metroid Dread is fucking awesome!

So far I have to say it feels like it's underrated on Metacritic. Should have been way over 90.
My only complaint is that the destructable blocks always look like another wall or floor and there's no visual cue.
GOTY

Kakadu18 said:

So far I have to say it feels like it's underrated on Metacritic. Should have been way over 90.
My only complaint is that the destructable blocks always look like another wall or floor and there's no visual cue.
GOTY

That's the point ;)