By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

To try to be more positive, my brother picked up Metro Redux on Switch and is playing through Last Light now, and I have to say, big props to 4A games for the quality of the port. In addition to both games being on the cart and optional gyro aiming, it looks great and the framerate is rock solid. Easily one of the best looking realistic-styled games on Switch so far and really makes me wish more devs made Switch games with realistic/semi-realistic visuals.

I'd love to see what a game made from the ground up for the Switch could look like attempting an art style similar to games like Metro or say, Uncharted, Halo, etc.

Around the Network

Only about 2 weeks til Animal Crossing! Everyone excited? :o

Raven said:

I'm excited for it to be over so Nintendo can stop treating it like the only goddamn game they have coming.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 March 2020

Raven said:

Most hyped I've been since Odyssey.  March 20th can't come soon enough.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

I'm excited for it to be over so Nintendo can stop treating it like the only goddamn game they have coming.

True, I want them to focus on Xenoblade Chronicles remake right after and acknowledge it as their only game in existence 👻

Oh dear God please no. XD I already played Xenoblade, I wanna see what new stuff is coming this year haha.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

True, early 2018 n 2019 weren't pretty either, though unlike the last 3 years we've already had a presentation detailing what's to come between April-July. I don't yet doubt a strong second half especially if BotW2 drops this year, but they're running out of time to talk about the games releasing in that April-July period, if any.

I really want a Direct as well. I just think a poor showing from Nintendo would be worse than not having one atm. Wait until you have a lot to show and then just blow peoples minds with and overload of announcements. 

It's less the direct itself that matters, I just want games. No direct means there's no games. Sure there's no point bothering with a direct if you've got nothing to show, but that's the issue then, that ya don't have anything to show. They really should have stuff, it's been 3 years since the first wave of Switch games. Zelda and Xenoblade teams have already showed us what they've been doing, I expect the 3D Mario and Mario Kart teams to follow suit, surely by E3 they will.

Ori and the Blind Forest "did well" on Switch:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/355872-ori-and-the-blind-forest-did-well-on-switch-dev-team-has-nothi

CaptainExplosion said:

Anyone else wish R.O.B. was the main character in his own game again? I'm sure he has potential for more than just Smash Bros., Mario Kart DS, and random cameos.

Don't think he ever had his own game, but I would like to see him in Star Fox again. Not really because of him, he's just a generic robot, but because it would mean Star Fox actually gets another game.

curl-6 said:

Ori and the Blind Forest "did well" on Switch:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/355872-ori-and-the-blind-forest-did-well-on-switch-dev-team-has-nothi

Maybe Microsoft will be incentivized to port the sequel as well. Obviously not near launch, but maybe 6 months to a year or so later once it's had its chance to sell on their platforms.

General Direct when