By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
curl-6 said:

Ring Fit Adventure shortages reach America: https://gonintendo.com/stories/356988-nintendo-confirms-ring-fit-adventure-shortage-in-the-americas

Asphalt 9 passes 4 million installs on Switch: https://gonintendo.com/stories/356973-pr-asphalt-9-legends-for-switch-celebrates-4-million-installs

I wonder if demand is rising due to the virus?  A lot of people aren't going to want to go out to the gym after all, and this may be one of the best substitutes available.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Ring Fit Adventure shortages reach America: https://gonintendo.com/stories/356988-nintendo-confirms-ring-fit-adventure-shortage-in-the-americas

Asphalt 9 passes 4 million installs on Switch: https://gonintendo.com/stories/356973-pr-asphalt-9-legends-for-switch-celebrates-4-million-installs

I wonder if demand is rising due to the virus?  A lot of people aren't going to want to go out to the gym after all, and this may be one of the best substitutes available.

I think it's also that the Ring-con manufactured in China and was affected by the factory shutdowns.

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

I think it's also that the Ring-con manufactured in China and was affected by the factory shutdowns.

Obviously that's part of it too.

I'm still quite surprised Ring Fit Adventure has been such a hit, I wasn't sure that sort of thing would still be popular in 2019-2020. I thought it was one of those crazes like Guitar Heroes or Toys to Life whose time had passed.

I was sort of on the fence about animal crossing, but that's exactly the kind of game I need in my life right now. If this goes on I may even have to buy FFVII on PS4 instead of waiting for the complete edition down the line. Dark times.

Around the Network

I have zero interest in Animal Crossing, so I still have precisely zero release dates or even release windows for any games I'm interested in. Hopefully that changes soon, cos it freaking sucks. Four and half month since I last bought a Switch game with no end in sight.

curl-6 said:

I have zero interest in Animal Crossing, so I still have precisely zero release dates or even release windows for any games I'm interested in. Hopefully that changes soon, cos it freaking sucks. Four and half month since I last bought a Switch game with no end in sight.

Have you played any of them?  It's definitely not for everyone.  To be honest, I couldn't even describe why it's fun.  But it's the kind of game I thought I wouldn't possibly enjoy until I actually played it. 

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

Have you played any of them?  It's definitely not for everyone.  To be honest, I couldn't even describe why it's fun.  But it's the kind of game I thought I wouldn't possibly enjoy until I actually played it. 

Admittedly no I haven't, but it just really, really doesn't look like my cup of tea. I need my games to be exciting.

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

Admittedly no I haven't, but it just really, really doesn't look like my cup of tea. I need my games to be exciting.

That's what they all say at first...

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

I'm still quite surprised Ring Fit Adventure has been such a hit, I wasn't sure that sort of thing would still be popular in 2019-2020. I thought it was one of those crazes like Guitar Heroes or Toys to Life whose time had passed.

Well Splatoon wasn't expected to be such a big hit because it was released on a system that didn't sell too good, but then it because one of the Wii U's best sellers, and the sequel ended up selling even more. :)

True; if there's one constant in the world of gaming it is to expected the unexpected. Wii u wasn't expected to fail after the success of the Wii, Switch wasn't expected to succeed after the failure of Wii U, nobody in 2005/2006 dreamed that the Wii would dethrone Playstation, you just never know.