By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I am surprised no one is talking about it but the first 3 DQ games release on switch on 27th September.

Around the Network

I've been replaying Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii again, since the Definitive Edition announcement from the Direct got me in the mood. And it's not just the graphics that needed an upgrade/improvement, the camera and display is not as good as I remember it. Part of it is because I'm playing a 480p Wii game on an HD TV, so the display is cut off. But the picture is shorter than I would like.

PAOerfulone said:
I've been replaying Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii again, since the Definitive Edition announcement from the Direct got me in the mood. And it's not just the graphics that needed an upgrade/improvement, the camera and display is not as good as I remember it. Part of it is because I'm playing a 480p Wii game on an HD TV, so the display is cut off. But the picture is shorter than I would like.

Surely that wont still be an issue in the remake. I'm wondering if they're gonna fix Melia, she's laughably useless when being controlled by the AI. Naturally I wanna say of course they will, but I don't think this problem was due to hardware limitations. They could just go "meh, fuck it" again.

I haven't reached the point in the game yet where Melia joins the party. (Though, I just reached Makna Forest, so I'm almost there.) So, I'll see very soon. But another issue that I hope they fix with the Definitive Edition is with the sidequests where we're asked to kill the Unique Monsters. How about, as soon as we kill them the first time, that automatically completes the sidequest, even when we haven't started it yet. They do this for other sidequests, specifically the ones where we have to gather materials and collectibles. So why not do the same for the Unique Monsters? The regular monsters, I don't have a problem with, because those respawn every time you revisit the area. But Unique Monsters take their sweet ass time in respawning and it's aggravating when I just want to get a move on and complete the quest and earn my reward.

PAOerfulone said:

I haven't reached the point in the game yet where Melia joins the party. (Though, I just reached Makna Forest, so I'm almost there.) So, I'll see very soon. But another issue that I hope they fix with the Definitive Edition is with the sidequests where we're asked to kill the Unique Monsters. How about, as soon as we kill them the first time, that automatically completes the sidequest, even when we haven't started it yet. They do this for other sidequests, specifically the ones where we have to gather materials and collectibles. So why not do the same for the Unique Monsters? The regular monsters, I don't have a problem with, because those respawn every time you revisit the area. But Unique Monsters take their sweet ass time in respawning and it's aggravating when I just want to get a move on and complete the quest and earn my reward.

Oh yeah, the side quest, I think that could use major work, but it was also an issue in Xenoblade 2 so I doubt they'll change much. Honestly I wouldn't continue to bother with them unless you truly enjoy them. There was only one quest I remember being somewhat worthwhile which gives Shulk a new monado art (that I rarely used lul). The rest is just tedious busy work for insignificant rewards. They're completely optional atleast so I won't fault them much if they don't address side quest at all.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:

Hmmm, that shouldn't be, I played on a HDTV also and I didn't have this issue. Maybe see if you can fix this in your TV's settings?

I am now part of the cult of Nintendo. I have a Switch Lite. I traded in a 1 TB PS4 I picked up a number of years ago for $200 over the holidays. I am getting stuff for it. I have Mario Maker and Smash as the two big ones for it. I am up for other ideas.

Polyludic said:
I am now part of the cult of Nintendo. I have a Switch Lite. I traded in a 1 TB PS4 I picked up a number of years ago for $200 over the holidays. I am getting stuff for it. I have Mario Maker and Smash as the two big ones for it. I am up for other ideas.

Welcome to our cult haha. Definitely recommend you pick up Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, and Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Pre-ordered Ori for next week these last few months has created a significant Switch back log that keeps getting bigger as DQXI is also out next week.