By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The fake Scottish accents people are trying to put on while meming Pokemon SW/SH can't even begin to be described as cringe worthy.

Around the Network

Nintendo Switch eShop Best-Sellers as of 3/2/2019

# United States United Kingdom Japan
1 Final Fantasy IX The Way Remastered
Final Fantasy IX
2 Undertale Undertale Undertale
3 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Final Fantasy IX Together! The Battle Cats
4 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Minecraft Minecraft
5 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Valkyria Chronicles Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
6 Minecraft Stardew Valley Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
7 Stardew Valley Rocket League Overcooked! 2
8 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe Stardew Valley
9 Hollow Knight Trials Rising (NEW) New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
10 Just Dance 2019 Sonic the Hedgehog Human Fall Flat
11 Diablo III Eternal Collection Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Minna De Kuuki Yomi
12 WarGroove Hollow Knight Modern Combat Blackout
13 Super Mario Party Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Smashing the Battle (NEW)
14 Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Hollow Knight
15 Jumping Joe! & Friends WarGroove Splatoon 2
16 Super Mario Odyssey Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Dragon Quest X
17 Overcooked! 2 Moonlighter Fitness Boxing
18 Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu! Crash N-Sane Trilogy Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
19 NBA 2K19 Diablo III Eternal Collection The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
20 Moonlighter Sid Meier's Civilization VI Dragon Quest Builders 2
21 Rocket League Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze Atelier Arland series Deluxe Pack
22 Arcade Archives VS Super Mario Bros. FIFA 19 Super Mario Party
23 Pokemon Let's Go Eevee! Sega Mega Drive Classics Tin Tin (NEW)
24 Sid Meier's Civilization VI Resident Evil Revelations Manual Samuel
25 Super Hero Fight Club Reloaded Ape Out (NEW) Ultimate Chicken Horse
26 Sky Force Reloaded Okami HD Yume Nikki (NEW)
27 Final Fantasy VII (Pre-Order) Out Run Arcade Archives VS Ice Climbers (NEW)
28 Human Fall Flat No Reload Heroes Dead Cells
29 Trials Rising (NEW) Super Mario Party Detention
30 World of Final Fantasy Crypt of the NecroDancer Diablo III Eternal Collection

New Mario U is definitely my favorite of the New titles, up there with 3 and World for me.

The thing holding it back is pretty much its presentation being the same as the last 3.

Otherwise is a pretty charming game, I love little details like every level having its own name, the connected overworld, the themes of the worlds being about food, sparkling waters and the dessert desert makes these tropes just a tad more special. I like how the sky level gets increasingly more dark as you traverse through it till the boss. Every Koopaling gets its own airship plus boss fights being more unique, taking away their wands and making them more based around their personality and the fact that you are travelling back to Peach's Castle as the final world is another small but great detail that makes the game all the more great. It also had one really inspired level motif with the starry night in the forest.

Well this was an interesting announcement...

Raven said:

This list, is it best sellers of all time for each region or just for a certain time period?

Around the Network

Just beat NSMBU Deluxe (just the mario version not Luigi U) and I have to say....easily my favorite post 2000 Mario title. Yes, even above Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 as well as Odyssey. There were so many levels, so many hidden areas, such good level design and now on Switch it actually has GREAT controls! 9.3/10

So yeah, the art direction and music are both bleh, the story is as nonexistent as ever, and it's not like the game has the best performance....but Gameplay wise it's outstanding. Might be the best 2D Mario Game ever in terms of pure level design and variety (I still think Super Mario World, Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario Bros. 3 are all better overall, but at least some of that is pure nostalgia)! I know that's blasphemy, the basic music is forgettable, and the art direction is...okay you know what? The art Direction is actually really good, too. It's emulating SMW and does a remarkable job while still making things its own. The world map is huge, there are more levels and more unique obstacles, and...

Honestly, I do not understand the hate. I know you folks have explained 'it's too similar to the other NSMB titles" and that's probably true, but this is the only one i've gone through more than once, the single iteration of the game where they got just about everything perfect or at least the best int he series, the most to do, the most variety in worlds, the most vast open world map...

Yeah, for all mario games, my list goes:

1 - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
2 - Super Mario World
3 - Super Mario Bros 3
4 - Yoshi's Island
5 - New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
6 - Super Mario Odyssey
7 - Super Mario Galaxy 2
8 - Super Mario Galaxy

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

RolStoppable said: 

Super Mario 3D World's variety in themes demonstrated that the problem wasn't that Nintendo had no ideas for Mario games anymore, but rather that they crammed pretty much everything new into the 3D games of the same era. That was deliberate.

But aren't the 2D & 3D series developed by completely different teams? So couldn't the issue be that the 2D team lacked ambition while the 3D team didnt?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

HylianSwordsman said:
Raven said:

This list, is it best sellers of all time for each region or just for a certain time period?

It's the best-selling games of that time period/week, not all-time.

I would love to see the sales data for Final Fantasy IX. It's been consistently near or at the top of the list since it released.

Mar1217 said:

Wow, Square knows how to piss off people well with the pseudo sequel for Octopath Traveler, a recent success on Switch, announced for smartphone devices ...

Ehhh ... Octopath took a year and a half from it's first showing to release, and it had probably already been in development for a long while at that point. This is probably a shorter mobile game that was developed in a small time frame with reused assets. I wouldn't be pissed off much, I don't think it means that they're spending resources on smartphones or that they're not developing a sequel for Switch. It just means they're making a stop-gap game to cash in on another market. Especially considering Bravely Default 3 and Octopath 2 are a high probability, as they're two separate teams. But this is all speculation lol. 

Then again I'm not an Octopath fan xD