By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think Movie Luigi is starting a meme.

Around the Network

Digital Foundry takes a look at Wii U games that were never ported to Switch:

It sucks that the WW and TP Zelda games were not ported over to Switch.

At least I can still emulate them through my PC - those were literally the two games left in my WiiU backlog tha I wanted to play.

Personally, I feel the best Wii U game that never made it to Switch was Splatoon.
It's sequels make this understandable, but still, I found its single player component to be underrated and excellent.

curl-6 said:

Personally, I feel the best Wii U game that never made it to Switch was Splatoon.
It's sequels make this understandable, but still, I found its single player component to be underrated and excellent.

Yeah, but NintendoLand was pretty good, and now's a good time to bring it to Switch.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, but NintendoLand was pretty good, and now's a good time to bring it to Switch.

Problem with Nintendoland is that it is too dependent on the Wii U's dual screen gimmick, so I don't think it would work well on the Switch, so I think a port is unlikely.

Wii U on the whole was something of a letdown, but part of me was still sad to see it go. I don't miss its game droughts, but I did have good times with games like Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Black Ops II, etc.

I haven't seen the Mario movie ads on TV so much, how about you?

BasilZero said:

It sucks that the WW and TP Zelda games were not ported over to Switch.

At least I can still emulate them through my PC - those were literally the two games left in my WiiU backlog tha I wanted to play.

"Yet"

I think we all know it's gonna happen. I'[d also like to see an OOT/MM set as well. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

CaptainExplosion said:

Not on TV but saw an add on youtube the other day. Was in my native language Swedish and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the voice of Luigi. To me he sounded better in the Swedish version than the English one.  If I go to the movies to see the film it will probably be the English version anyway (if available). 

Pajderman said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Not on TV but saw an add on youtube the other day. Was in my native language Swedish and I was actually pleasantly surprised by the voice of Luigi. To me he sounded better in the Swedish version than the English one.  If I go to the movies to see the film it will probably be the English version anyway (if available). 

Is it bad that we haven't seen the ads on TV much? Won't that limit the movie's box office numbers?