By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Mar1217 said:
Leynos said:

Meh. Give me Xenoblade X or give me dust on my Switch. Love that system but it's been dry this last half of the year. Why Nintendo will put every original Wii U game on Switch but not that is confusing.

Monolith Soft already answered that question, it's a matter of budget and project priorities.

Simply porting the game or remastering/remaking it à la XC1 definitive edition would need the budget of an actual new game because Xenoblade X was actually quite the ambitious project for it's time. 

Also, the title only sold less than a million which was probably insufficient to recoup the development cost, which didn't matter much because their true worth was in the open world achievement they managed at the time which led to the BOTW we know in part. 

Nonetheless, it's a risky financial endeavor

If Nintendo will put Tokyo Mirage Sessions then they can do XCX. I don't believe TMS outsold XCX. Love both but TMS is just far more niche

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
Mar1217 said:

Monolith Soft already answered that question, it's a matter of budget and project priorities.

Simply porting the game or remastering/remaking it à la XC1 definitive edition would need the budget of an actual new game because Xenoblade X was actually quite the ambitious project for it's time. 

Also, the title only sold less than a million which was probably insufficient to recoup the development cost, which didn't matter much because their true worth was in the open world achievement they managed at the time which led to the BOTW we know in part. 

If Nintendo will put Tokyo Mirage Sessions then they can do XCX. I don't believe TMS outsold XCX. Love both but TMS is just far more niche

Both RPG's but different dev history and engines all together. Atlus probably worked on the port of TMS and as glad as I am to see they gave that game another shot at selling on a more popular platform.

Xenoblade X is just a league on its own in comparison.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I'd like to see a remaster of F-Zero GX, but I feel like adding F-Zero Maximum Velocity to the NSO is more likely. Still, the fact that they remember the series at all is good news.

Leynos said:
Mar1217 said:

That was Atlus. Nintendo didn't develop TMS.

psychicscubadiver said:

I'd like to see a remaster of F-Zero GX, but I feel like adding F-Zero Maximum Velocity to the NSO is more likely. Still, the fact that they remember the series at all is good news.

There are already two F-Zero games on NSO. What is this idea that Nintendo could literally forget about F-Zero? I always see these comments everywhere: "glad Nintendo didn't forget a franchise that they put years of development and millions of dollars into and that spanned six main entries".

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Leynos said:

That was Atlus. Nintendo didn't develop TMS.

Yeah, no shit but Nintendo published it twice because they contracted Atlus and has a Nintendo IP in it with Fire Emblem.

Kakadu18 said:
psychicscubadiver said:

There are already two F-Zero games on NSO. What is this idea that Nintendo could literally forget about F-Zero? I always see these comments everywhere: "glad Nintendo didn't forget a franchise that they put years of development and millions of dollars into and that spanned six games".

It's an expression of how much people love these games and wish for another one. GX on the Gamecube was the last one to come out, 20 years ago. We want more, we need more.

GoOnKid said:
Kakadu18 said:

There are already two F-Zero games on NSO. What is this idea that Nintendo could literally forget about F-Zero? I always see these comments everywhere: "glad Nintendo didn't forget a franchise that they put years of development and millions of dollars into and that spanned six games".

It's an expression of how much people love these games and wish for another one. GX on the Gamecube was the last one to come out, 20 years ago. We want more, we need more.

GX was not the last one.

Latest rumor or Nintendo patent has Nintendo using Hall Effect Joycons next. I hope so tho I doubt it. SEGA solved the drifting problem in 1996 with the Saturn 3D pad and Dreamcast controller. I won't use a Pro controller with Switch. Just the 8bitdo Ultimate controller with hall effect. Sony and MS need to do this as well.

Kakadu18 said:
GoOnKid said:

GX was not the last one.

Okay. GP Legend then. 19 years ago.