By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - June 25th, 8 Years Ago - Remembering the Late, Great King of Pop

Favorite Michael Jackson Song?

Billie Jean 10 16.39%

Beat It 3 4.92%

Thriller 7 11.48%

Bad 1 1.64%

Smooth Criminal 8 13.11%

Man In The Mirror 10 16.39%

Black or White 0 0%

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough 4 6.56%

Other 5 8.20%

You're Asking Me to Pick One?!? 13 21.31%

Total:61

I'm currently on my way back home after spending the weekend in Las Vegas, we were able to do a lot of things and see 3 great shows (Blue Man Group and Tournament of Kings were a great time!) but the greatest show that I saw, by far, head and shoulders above both of them, was Cirque du Soleil's Michael Jackson ONE. That show was amazing. Absolutely amazing! The dancing, the choreography, and the things that they could pull off with their bodies, in complete synchronization with Michael's greatest hits was mind-blowing! 
As we're driving right now, we have his Dangerous Album playing and I saw that date, so I thought this was as good of a time as any.

To my fellow MJ fans here on VGC, what are some of your favorite memories, albums, songs, and moments from Michael as we remember him on the 8 Year Anniversary of his untimely death. Let us use this thread to remember, the man, the myth, and the magic that was the ONE and ONLY, King of Pop. 

Around the Network

It has been already 8 years? Goddamn, feels like it was yesterday! time is flying by seriously fast!

I still remember the times when I was like 5 years old or something. I seriously thought Michael Jackson invented music and he was the only person in the world even making music. I didn't know of anything else! And even back then I loved his songs! He has never been reached until this very day. A true legend.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

His songs were truly amazing, it felt like ever song he recorded was a hit. But what REALLY captivated me was the first time I saw him performing. He was on an entirely different planet!!! As far as being an entertainer goes and putting on a show, nobody could touch him!

Can't believe it's been 8 years

One of my favorite songs of his was "They don't really care about us". The music video created such a powerful message when combined with the actual song.

His variety of themes in his songs will make me always appreciate him

Wasn't a fan of his music generally but seemed a nice person with a vulnerable side. He certainly went too early.

Around the Network

He really was a legend and such a nice human being. I love all his songs and by listening to them you can tell he put his heart and soul into everyone of them. That being said my favorite song of his is Thriller.

monocle_layton said:

One of my favorite songs of his was "They don't really care about us". The music video created such a powerful message when combined with the actual song.

Definitely. The impactful statement being made, plus the groundwork that makes an Michael Jackson song made it greater. 

To say he put his heart and soul into them would be an understatement. 
He was the Ultimate Perfectionist, nothing was ever good enough for Michael, he was always looking and searching for ways to do better, to get better, and to constantly top himself.

His daughter, Paris's, Twitter:

PAOerfulone said:
monocle_layton said:

Definitely. The impactful statement being made, plus the groundwork that makes an Michael Jackson song made it greater. 

Have you seen the one where he was in Brazil? They represented entirely different backgrounds, and yet both were fit for the song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QNJL6nfu__Q